1997 Mercury Cougar

1997 Mercury Cougar Prices
1997 Mercury Cougar Fuel Economy
Pleased as Punch by Clovis Cougar on 05/14/2003. Trim: 1997 Mercury Cougar XR-7, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It's size and economy... It's big enough for me (6'-2" and 290 lbs)...) Gives me about 28 mpg
Cons: Heavy doors that spring back and catch your leg before you get a chance to get entirly in the car. Location of the O/D button on the gear selector...I have a tendency to rest my hand on the selector and inadverdently push it, causing the O/D to go off while diving at highway speeds causing the engine to rev up suddenly and startle me.
Overall review: Very pleased with my car, don't think I went wrong in purchasing it
SLEEK & CHIC by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/23/2003. Trim: 1997 Mercury Cougar XR-7, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I love everything about this vehicle.Sorry that the anniversary edit.was the last of that body style.But I've had mine since 97 and I KNOW it still looks as good (if not better) than anything thats out there now!
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: A WOMANS car.
Racer by A MSN Autos Consumer on 01/31/2003. Trim: 1997 Mercury Cougar XR-7, Owned 2 years.
Overall review: I am very pleased with my car. I have had very few problems.
Classy CAT by A CarPoint Consumer on 06/21/2002. Trim: 1997 Mercury Cougar XR-7, Owned 5 years.
Overall review: Looks good, runs good. Smog devices a bit of a pain. Good mileage for a V8. (21-23)
Big Red by Kay from Ash Grove, Mo on 06/12/2001. Trim: 1997 Mercury Cougar XR-7, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The appearance with the continental package and the top package along with the gold trim.
Cons: The ride is not as smooth as I would like.
Overall review: The car runs good and steers exceptional on curvy roads. I just had the injectors cleaned and a tune-up, and the gas mileage is much better than before.