1996 Mercury Villager

1996 Mercury Villager Prices
1996 Mercury Villager Fuel Economy
The ultimate van by Carol Minnesota on 02/25/2012. Trim: 1996 Mercury Villager LS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: We used it in traveling. The space in it was great. We could carrie more than you would think in it. We took the 2 captain seats out and slided the back seat all the way forward for space for our old english sheepdogs and beagle. Ours had the towing package on it so it was like having nothing back there when towing a loaded trailer. I loved the van. My mother was in a wheelchair.
Cons: NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall review: I wish I would not have traded in in for the ford I have now.
The Minivan That Drives Like a Sports Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/17/2010. Trim: 1996 Mercury Villager LS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: -Lots of power waiting under your foot, boots along nicely for a vehicle of it's size -Good mileage, 15 years later, still getting 600KMS+ to the tank (around 10L/100KM or 22MPG) -Excellent handling, very agile and stable, handles like a sports car rather than a van. -Very nice appearance for a mini van, has a classy/sporty look to it, doesn't look cheap. -Lots of room, removable rear seats are convenient and free up lots of space. -Very reliable, 1 tow in 15 years. -Chassis/suspension parts last forever on these. -Reasonably inexpensive to maintain. -Zero rust on mine, looks like it just rolled off of the showroom floor! -Very comfortable, even on long drives.
Cons: -Replaced exhaust manifolds twice (first time with used parts, second time with new, new manifolds are still perfect to date) exhaust manifolds themselves kept cracking, huge pain to deal with and got expensive, however I know some Villager owners who have never had a single problem with manifolds. -Replaced the exhaust studs once, those are fine now. -Transmission is supposedly a weak point I hear, but mine is still fine at 286,000KMS.
Overall review: If you can get past the relatively small amount you have to pay to upkeep/fix what needs fixing in the beginning you'll have a really great vehicle, performs very well in all sectors for its type, still looks great and fairly modern, comfortable, lots of room. One couldn't ask for a more perfect ratio of good qualities and features. I'd drive this van over most other minivans out on the market today and I would definitely recommend the Villager to someone in the minivan market, especially if they're looking for a good, reliable, used vehicle.
170,000, great seats and power = get one by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/16/2004. Trim: 1996 Mercury Villager Nautica, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Excellent seats, love the power lumbar with air support, Automatic Climate control is the best I have seen and can cool the car in a matter of seconds even on the hottest days. We purchased the powder coated wheels with the white/blue combo paint and it looks stunning.
Cons: The brakes could be better, but with a Brembo upgrade they are excellent. Could use a tad bit more power but it still hauls major a**.
Overall review: Highely reccomended. Ours is still going strong with 170K miles on the odometer and not a single major problem to date. We purchased the van in 96' of July from San Juan Capistrano Lincoln Mercury (no longer in business) and it is one remarkable vehicle and really stands out from others. I will be purchasing the new Honda Oddysey in the fall of this year since my daughter will be driving this car from now on.
my villager by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/25/2004. Trim: 1996 Mercury Villager GS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: most everything
Cons: no opening side door
Overall review: very nice car
The most reliable van. by La Morita on 05/14/2004. Trim: 1996 Mercury Villager GS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Everything.
Overall review: Great van. Very reliable.