1996 Mercury Cougar

1996 Mercury Cougar Prices
1996 Mercury Cougar Fuel Economy
Pearl beauty by pat on 07/08/2002. Trim: 1996 Mercury Cougar XR-7, Owned 5 years.
Pros: 40,000 miles
Cons: absolutely nothing, am living out of the country
Overall review: excellent condition and appearance
Family Muscle Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/11/2010. Trim: 1996 Mercury Cougar Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is my first car that my parents bought for me. We found it just outside the suburbs with 123,000 miles. It had two broken headgaskets and need new door hinges, but we got it all fixed cheap and bought the car cheap. NO RUST!!! It's 14 years old with no rust!!! The engine is a devilish low rumble and has the speed of a mustang! I'm going to keep this car forever. Putting in a car show soon. Unbelievable, a must buy!
Cons: Not good for winters. Absolutely no traction.
Overall review: My friends are all jealous of my ride. It has the huge V-8 and my friend's dad who worked to fix it envies me.
COUGAR XR7 by ALEX on 07/25/2009. Trim: 1996 Mercury Cougar Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: the looks we get from strangers. people say to us ''is that a cougar?'' and i say yes and they dont make them like this anymore. it is definately a head turner. and its all original , just went 88000 miles.IT IS STILL A MACHO TYPE CAR!! VERY POWERFUL, THE V-8 IS A SLEEPER!!
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: EXCELLENT 1996 CAR. I WOULD BUY ANOTHER CAT LIKE THIS NO PROBLEM!
PHENOMENAL CAR by Texas Joy on 07/30/2008. Trim: 1996 Mercury Cougar Base, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Original new car owner, 1996, XR (V8 with overdrive) with 152000+ miles. The engine still purrs despite my trying to start it in high water one time in 2002. Gas mileage over 12 years = 18-29 mpg! Today's tank = 20 mpg with mix of primary city>hwy. I loved it so much I got new suspension about 3 years ago. The ride in this car is more luxurious than my mom's 2005 Honda Accord! This was my third Mercury Cougar & this has been the best of them all! Go figure a 1996 American Made car with a 5 STAR CRASH TEST RATING FOR DRIVER & PASSENGER! Amazing since I bought this car on an impulse because it was the last year for the RWD Cougar. The premium sound still shocks the teenagers I encounter.
Cons: Not the car but the company... Made a car with luxury ride for common man that was of size and had muscle, V8 engine, 12+ years ago and at over 152000 miles gets an average of 20 mpg. WHAT HAPPENED?? Wish I were a mechanic or someone who knows how to work on this car. If I did I would keep it FOREVER!
Overall review: Luxury ride, muscle, decent mpg for size of car, quiet ride, purring engine, 5 star crash testing rating for driver and passenager for a car more than 12 years old. Apparently, some diety took pity on this ignorant soul because it has been a fantastic car. DEFAULT ON CALCULATOR FOR CAR OWNERSHIP PUT ME AT 10 YEARS. I HAVE OWNED MORE THAN 12 YEARS.
Still a Beauty by Tasha from Florida on 02/12/2008. Trim: 1996 Mercury Cougar Base, Owned 8 years.
Pros: It still looks good, not like an old car. It has a timeless style
Cons: I hate getting out of this car.
Overall review: If the style were the same, I'd by a new one