1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK

great two seater by al on 05/17/2001. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor, Owned 3 years.
Cons: interior red finish paint rubs off needs constant attention
Overall review: excellent vehicle
The "CAR by Farouque' from Canada, On on 08/23/2003. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Shape Automatic Roof Interior 'bout everything
Cons: Price
Overall review: Nothing comes close. The name says it all. Its got the looks, the feel, safety......
What a hoot! by Ghostrider from NJ on 05/17/2001. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Performance is excellent, seating very comfortable but supportive, and always a head-turner
Cons: Limited trunk space, seatbelts are somewhat difficult to reach
Overall review: Bought this car used....I'm hooked. Starmark warrantee gives you complete peace of mind.
Not Impressed by Cris from Tallahassee, FL on 05/01/2001. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The top (of course), acceleration
Cons: Interior quality, storage space, inability to get it fixed.
Overall review: DO NOT ever wreck this car! I was rear-ended 3 months ago and have had it in the body shop four times. No one knows how to fix the top correctly, including the dealership. The dash and center console are coated with a gray rubbery substance that is coming off, showing the black plastic underneath. Also, the cigarette lighter is placed in an odd location in the center console, and has also been broken. All in all, Mercedes should be ashamed for charging this much for what is a crummy car with a cool top.
This is the best car I have owned. by Honda crazy on 05/30/2014. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love driving and handling this car. It does not feel as if I will blow off the road in heavy winds. I also love that I am 4'6" and have no trouble reaching everything, including the pedals, in this car. I have had to invest very little in this car as far as repairs. My favorite car by far!!!!
Cons: I also have a problem with the red coming off of my console. Minor cosmetic flaw. My other dislike about this car is if the retractable top has a problem going down you are "stuck" in what ever or progress that is. I had to drive home one day with my trunk open to receive the roof because my latches would not release the roof to retract. And the roof would not go into the original mode. (Turns out the release hooks only needed a good greasing.) Other than that it is an awesome vehicle!!!
Overall review: I would recommend this car to anyone.