1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

The Mercedes Benz ML320 by Edmond on 07/06/2012. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I own a 1998 ML320. The car is very good with room. I added 3rd row seats. The engine is good on power and superb on gas. The seats are very comfortable that you won't want to get out of the car. Their is a lot of trunk space. You can carry more than 2-3 tvs in there. It is also good for long trips. Very good car.
Cons: The bad thing about the car is it's value for repairs. Once the computer that starts the car broke. It was never cooled and was heated. I had spent $2,500 just to repair it. The quality is okay but their are too many gaps and loose things like the rear bumper gap and sun visor mirror being loose.
Overall review: The ML320 is still a good car. The car is also cheap to buy. Overall I would recommend it.
Great Ride by Ron on 09/06/2007. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle has great styling and good performance for a V6. Very good fuel milage. Engine compartment well laid out and easy to access for user maintenance. Handels well on highway and is an effective off road vehicle... Lots of aux power outlets and easy entrance and exit with running boards.
Cons: High maintenance costs... Premium fuel. Ignition keys are outrageously expensive. Cup holders can be a problem. Plastic trim not up to MB reputation.
Overall review: Good vehicle would recommend it...
LOVE WHAT YOU DRIVE ! by MARC on 03/09/2007. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: styling is gorgeous- mercedes benz is the ultimate status symbol you feel wealthy driving it
Cons: brake pads need to be replaced too often and i wish it had a navigation system but it is a 1998 and they did not come standard back then
Overall review: love the car and in black on black it gets me the looks i want
Great SUV, Great Overall Value, but for how long? by Mercedes fan of Atlanta on 01/20/2007. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I have owned this vehicle for nearly seven years. I love the versatility, the styling, and the handling. This vehicle handles like a car and its the first SUV my wife was ever comfortable driving. The all wheel drive system is fantastic. The Bose stereo system is amazing. Great gas mileage. Lots of features.
Cons: Maintenance costs will drive you to get a Toyota. The cupholders are really poor. There is no rear air conditioning in this vehicle. I wish it were a little bigger.
Overall review: I love this car and would purchase it again (if it were new or had one owner). I have owned several Mercedes, and this is their most poorly made product. For me, there are too many areas where they cut corners on this vehicle. It has been solid for our family. It's versatile. It looks great. My parents also own an ML 320 and they have had a few of the mechanical nightmares I am reading about. However, I am religious about scheduled maintenance and my parents are not. This vehicle is a classic example of taking care of the car upfront saving you a great deal of money on the back end.
The Green Lemon by Frank on 11/05/2006. Trim: 1998 Mercedes-Benz ML320, Owned 8 years.
Pros: we like the room and visibility from within the vehicle and very much like the cargo space. It is a workhorse!
Cons: Our vehicle has been a technical nightmare with continual and still ongoing issues with crank angle sensors. While Mercedes has been quite willing to repair the issue, they have been unable to prevent continual failure of the part. We have been stranded in the middle of heavy traffic and in parking lots. We see this vehicle as not only unreliable but as unsafe.
Overall review: We do not recommend purchase of a 1998 ML320. We bought this for the long haul and it is not living up to expectations.