1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Prices
1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Fuel Economy
WORTH THE PRICE by Dennis Tennessee on 05/14/2008. Trim: 1996 Mercedes-Benz C220, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: RETAINS ITS STYLE EVEN THOUGH THIS CAR IS 12 YEARS OLD
Cons: WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A LITTEL MORE TRUNK SPACE
Overall review: PURCHASED THIS CAR NEW AND IN THE 12 YEARS I HAVE OWNED IT HAVE ONLY HAD TO DO NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR MAINTAINENCE, TIRES, BRAKES AND BATTERY(LASTED 10 YRS) OTHER THAN THOSE ITEMS I HAD ONE SENSOR GO BAD LAST YEAR FOR A TOTAL COST OF $435.00.......
Mercedes Perfection in an automobile by Benzin on 05/06/2003. Trim: 1996 Mercedes-Benz C220, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Got car when i was 16 in 1996 still driving it going to get another Mercedes soon but still going to keep this one. 150k so far Mercedes-Benz Is the best
Overall review: WOW
wonderful car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/12/2003. Trim: 1996 Mercedes-Benz C280, Owned 2 years.
Pros: everything, best car I have ever owned
Cons: none
Overall review: love the car
Solid introduction to Mercedes, C class is Mercedes' best bang for buck. by Super Q on 08/16/2009. Trim: 1996 Mercedes-Benz C220, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a great handling car, with an epic turn radius, which is surprising given its classy look. The gas mileage is terrific. The interior look and feel is very statesman like, particularly in black. I love how Mercedes kept with a very similar, distinct look even after this model, it makes my 96' still feel contemporary and up to date. Front leg space is very good for me (I'm over 6ft by a hair). Sticks to the road like a glove.
Cons: Below standard stereo system, actually among the worst stock systems I've heard. Plastic knobs and switches break easily. My 4 cylinder could use more horsepower, at least up to 180 or so, as going up steep hills drag is irritating. Closing doors doesnt sound as solid and firm as even some Nissans of the same year. Paint is not the best quality, chips easily. Not made to go over 80 mph, although it takes to turns at 70mph like a champ.
Overall review: I never thought about Mercedes as really having great bang for buck cars, but more of a high end, pay for what you get company. The C class, gives you terrific gas mileage, an artist inspired interior, and near Japanese reliability. I would reccomend the C class to anyone looking to test Mercedes' quality and build without breaking the bank. 96' C could be their most reliable and inexpensive to maintain products of all time.
Review ID: #541999 Is this review offensive?
My first Benz by George on 07/24/2003. Trim: 1996 Mercedes-Benz C220, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this car. I have been very happy with my purchase. I have driven BMW's for yrs. This time i wanted to try something different. The mercedes is a little softer ride then BMW. However still provides above average performance. I also like the cleaner look of the inside of the car. All buttons are more centrally located not scattered all over the dash. I would highly recomend a Benz. George
Cons: The only complaint I have is that to get a qualified mechanic to service the vehicle is a little high.
Overall review: Go buy one now, you wont regret it.