1989 Mercedes-Benz 420

1989 Mercedes-Benz 420 pictures are not available
1989 Mercedes-Benz 420 Prices
1989 Mercedes-Benz 420 Fuel Economy
If you like older ride's then you'll love this! by Bigrick on 08/14/2009. Trim: 1989 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I always approach a ride like this if it's something that pleases my senses and wallet cool! esp. the later, I'm a Gearhead and a Veteran, I have rode in the big Benz o-sea's where they are taxi's so nothin new I know the built quality, not cheap with the older ride's my ride has no rust, has a stout V-8. At 136K just broken in really, only problem is getting that dang radio ta work!
Cons: Weight, almost has heavy has my 97 Conversion Van, a tad bit better gas mileage!
Overall review: For handling and performance, I'd give her a high 8-9 not bad for an eighties era ride, on the highway, many newer cars still huff to keep pace, but this car was'nt breed to be on a track although it could, it is a German cruiser-mobile, very quiet and deliberate, almost "cat like" handles cornering very well has long has you remeber this is a rear wheel drive automobile with weight. If you like older ride's then you'll love this. ( pic's can be found anywhere online and site's like "Benzworld") So this is a car for someone who can either do there own mechanic's, or afford shop fee's etc. And this is a Auto for someone who want's the power dependability and handling that a "Benz" offer's I love older ride's and this one is no exception!.
Review ID: #541931 Is this review offensive?
Experienced Owner Speaks Out by Rick from Dutchess County, NY on 08/14/2004. Trim: 1989 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I purchased my '89 420SEL new and have put 230,000 miles on her, so I feel quite qualified to evaluate the vehicle. This car can be relatively inexpensive to maintain IF you're a do-it-yourselfer. New OEM and after market parts are readily available online at steep discounts from what the local MB stealer (er, dealer) will charge. The car is astonishingly well-engineered and lends itself to easy maintenance. I doubt I'll ever again own a car with so high a level of comfort, style, safety, and longevity.
Cons: On the other hand, if you're NOT into maintaining your vehicle on your own and you're too risk averse to trust an independent mechanic, then you're at the mercy of the Mercedes service department. Prepare to shell out big bucks for even minor issues. Also, as others have noted, the car does consume a lot of gasoline (premium only.)
Overall review: I'm a husband and a father with two young kids. Safety is very important to me. As secure as one can be hurling down the interstate at 65mph, one is in this vehicle. I'm determined to drive it until it simply can't go on. It continues to look great and still handles flawlessly. Bottom Line: Initially, the 1989 420SEL cost me a lot more (over $60k) to purchase than the average vehicle then on the road, but these cars age most gracefully and simply last so MUCH longer. So, if you're not the sort that demands a new car every few years, I can highly recommend this model to would-be purchasers. (Just be sure the vehicle has been well maintained by prior owners.)
Car saved my life. by Lucky to be alive L.A., CA on 02/08/2003. Trim: 1989 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Love this car. It saved my life. Reliable, safe, and powerful. What more do you need?
Cons: I wish it had cup holders, a glove box, and updates looks. Better gas mileage would be nice, but other than that, no complaints.
Overall review: I got this car from my father, I was in the process of getting a newer one until the accident happened. I was hit head-on driving on the freeway by a honda civic at 65 mph, then broadsided by Ford Explorer probably around 50 mph, then rear ended by another vehicle all within a couple seconds. I walked away without any broken bones! Talk about safety! Both airbags came out, I was surprised that they still worked after 14 years!! Passenger compartment remained intact after accident. Will definetly buy another with same body style. I like the way the new ones look, but I don't think the new ones are as strong. Car has a nice solid sound when you close the door. Drives like a tank, love the feeling. Plenty of space inside. My father was relieved that I was driving this car when the accident happened, had I been in the Acura or Lexus I would have been dead. Wish I could post pictures of my damaged benz, unfortuneatly that's not possible.
finest car ever by j on 09/03/2002. Trim: 1989 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: everything!
Cons: nothing!
Overall review: excellent automobile
my car by glee on 08/06/2002. Trim: 1989 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: this vehicle is very realiable
Cons: it only takes premium gas
Overall review: excellent car