1988 Mercedes-Benz 190

1988 Mercedes-Benz 190 pictures are not available
1988 Mercedes-Benz 190 Prices
1988 Mercedes-Benz 190 Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
The car that thrives on abuse by Ed - Victoria, Australia on 11/07/2008. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.3, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: After having owned a 1980 Alfa Alfetta, (which was a great drivers car I must admit) I am enjoying the reliability of my 1984 190E Benz. I have barely spent a cent on the car, I have never had it serviced and fill it with sump oil from the tractor (it is burning a bit of oil nowadays so I don't feel like spending money on new oil). It's comfy to drive and pretty economical. I drive it trough rough paddocks and on bad roads - I treat it like a red headed stepson and it still keeps going - bullet proof
Cons: Bits and peices are failing here and there - seat sags, some plastic nobs broken, burns oil, lost a bit of power and sqeeqs and groans here and there. But I have done nearly 400K km and never spent money on fixing these things so really, these shouldn't count as cons. I wouldn't recommend the 190E for someone who likes a bit of power, it is really a dull (but comfortable) drive - young drivers will not pull the babes with this car.
Overall review: possibly the cheapest form of motoring you can get - super reliable. If you are half handy and don't mind living with a few faults, then you won't be spending money on servicing and spare parts. I was quoted $250 for a reconditioned brake booster!!! I pulled it to bits and put an 80c O-ring in it and it has been fine. Still, I do hanker for some power sometimes when I feel like having a crack at the traffic lights Grand Prix....
The Baby Benz by Adolf from Victoria, BC on 11/27/2008. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.3, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Although the 1988 Mercedes was the oldest year to be criticqued, I have a 1987 190E 2.3 for which I am providing comments. I have had the car for 7.5 years and it has been excellant. I drive 10,000 KM/YR and find it handles well, has enough power and the leather seats , as well as the interior have stood up and are just like new.
Cons: Despite putting a lot more coin in the car than I had expected it did have 182,000KM on it when I bought it.
Overall review: I am pleased that I purchased the car. It has a great street appearance, luxury within the car and adequate power, despite the fact if gives me the safe feeling that I am driving a German tank.
"great bang for the bucks" by jim on 02/23/2008. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.3, Owned 3 years.
Pros: the style and comfort.
Cons: exspensive repairs and hard to find after-market parts. no traction in snow ,rea wheel drive.
Overall review: nice bang for the bucks.
if u want it buy it by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/09/2004. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.3, Owned more than 10 years.
Overall review: IF YOU WANT TO BLING BLING THEN BUY THIS BABY... BUT LOOKS IT ALL IT IS... MINE HAS SO MANY PROBLEMS!!! I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS... NO MILLIONS IN KEEPING THIS THING RUNNING!!! THE A/C IS BROKE, AFTER HAVING IT FIXED ABOUT 30 TIMES... GET THIS, THE BACK WINDOW SOMETIMES DOSEN'T ROLL DOWN... Other than that It's ok
MB's Kindlein (baby) by Muller Mann on 01/21/2004. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.3, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Handles well in tight spaces. It has a much more solid feel than any of the Japanese imports. Quality craftsmanship even up to 130,000 miles it holds together like a champ. Still a great ride on the highway.
Cons: Cramped for my rear seat area passengers. AC controls could be more straight forward, but thats MB, everybody in Deutchsland is an engineer. Resale margin.
Overall review: Very pleased with the baby benz. Not worth selling because I could never replace it with anything that will work nearly as well for the price. Great back-up vehicle.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next