1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata

1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Prices
1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Fuel Economy
One sweet machine! by lorendad on 02/06/2011. Trim: 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata M Edition, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything! Handles like a cat on carpet. Sheet metal is straight. Interior is close to new looking. Stereo is supper, headrest speakers are neat. A/C is ice cold. Low wind noise with top down even at interstate speeds.
Cons: That it hadn't found us sooner!
Overall review: We are the third owners of this car. Purchased 2-3-2011 for $7k from a Mazda dealer. Was traded in on a new MX-5. It has 67000 miles, CarFax documented. Over all I would rate this car as a masterpiece of engineering. It all comes together in form and function. I can see miles of smiles ahead of us.
A cheap middle age crisis car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/11/2008. Trim: 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata M Edition, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Unbelievable handling and manueverability! A very simple, svelte design that continues to be a great value year over year. If I had it to do over, I will still buy this wonderful little car. Others in my familiy don't feel the same love for this car (they want to drive the big clunky SUVs). It's such a joy to drive.
Cons: Space, storage and I wish I had an airbag kill switch so that a kid can safely drive in the passenger seat. That has been solved with newer models. I could see if you are in lousy weather, you wouldn't like this car. During winter, I got some leaks in rains and snow from the windows. I bought this car in California where my commute was across the Golden Gate Bridge (unbelieveable!!) then had it transported to Virginia where we get 4 seasons (weather isn't as accomodating but still not bad).
Overall review: Definitely a 10.....
Fun loving little car by Soccer Mom from Oklahoma on 08/28/2005. Trim: 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great looking, affordable little fun loving machine. Love the styling and the convertible top. Very zippy and responsive 5-speed that handles great and looks fabulous.
Cons: Very had to get in and out of. Seats are very small, feel a little exposed and unsafe with the top down and no roll bar, especially on the highway.
Overall review: Great car for the money. Would totally recommend it for the young at heart on a budget.
Great Value for the Money by Bagwana on 02/10/2005. Trim: 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great little roadster for my second childhood. Handles like a jet fighter, yet gets good gas milage (~30 mpg). Once in the seat, it feels like I am a part of the car. Comfortable without being too comfortable. Good for long distance driving. Everything in the interior is well placed and easily visible.
Cons: Tends to leak around the ragtop weather seal during a driving rain. I would prefer that it had a roll bar when made, but this can be corrected.
Overall review: Great little car for the money. I haven't had this much fun driving since I flew jet fighters.
See ya Vett. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/26/2009. Trim: 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good Gas Milage (28-33 so far) Easy to park (small) Cheap to maintain Great handling
Cons: Convertible stock, but hardtop avalible
Overall review: While maybe not the most powerful car on the road (133hp at flywheel) definatly the best handling car under $100,000. The true advantage of this car isnt in the straights (~8.5s 0-60) but in the corners where it outhandles cars that easily have 3X the horsepower and cost. Engines also basiclly indestructable, comes with many fail safes to make it almost impossible to damage so long as you take resonable care of it (oil change, enough radiator fluid etc).