1997 Mazda 626

1997 Mazda 626 Prices
1997 Mazda 626 Fuel Economy
1997 Mazda 626 lx by Pennsylvania on 11/14/2008. Trim: 1997 Mazda 626 LX sedan, Owned 10 years.
Pros: The appearance. The car has been great for me for 11 years. I only replaced the sensor under warranty the 2nd year, the brakes once,muffler, tires, timing belt, water, pump when the car got older over 50,000 miles.
Cons: The cars transmission slips in very hot weather. Tricky with gas. If the gas has water or ethanol past 10% the car will be sluggish. It performs better in the rain and cold weather with the transmission. I remove the battery right cable to( turn off the engine light) that has been on since I bought the car (the light is JUST ON/NO problems) and step on the brake while cable is off for 60 seconds the light goes out every time. In the freezing, my locks and door freezes and I can't close the door but the car drives great. Oh yes in hot weather, I shift the car manually from first to second to drive. This always does the trick. Otherwise my car would not accelerate in heat!
Overall review: My biggest dissapointment is that the car's transmission and radiator fan is not big enough to cool off the transmission. However, using my automatic transmission...I shift manually and it is taken care of. My car only has 70,000 miles on it and I have had to learn several tricks to get my car moving and performing but it still looks like new. I really spent less over the last 11 years than any other vehicle I own. It still gets me anxious when the transmission gets slugged, however.
The Misrepresented Mazda by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/28/2006. Trim: 1997 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The outside body style of the vehicle is nice.
Cons: I had nothing but problems out of this vehicle. The tranmission, radiator, and engine has failed in my Mazda.
Overall review: Don't Buy one.
Inside nothinf but junk by Ashley Overland Park K.C. on 07/29/2004. Trim: 1997 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Pros- looks good when kept clean
Cons: This was the worst investment ever. With only 77,000 miles the transmission has been replaced 2 times and starting to slip again, i ahve had to replace the fuel pump and the radiator. The alternator also had to be replaced and to top all these things off i have had more computer problems than anyone i know. This car is just one big money pit. I HATE THIS CAR!!!!!!!
Overall review: I rate this car a 3 because the only thing good about it is the way it looks, and we all know it's not what's on the outside that matter it's what's on the inside and frankly the inside is nothing but junk!
The most reliable car by Rainbowgurl from Laurel MD on 04/29/2004. Trim: 1997 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I think this is a wonderful vehicle. Very reliable in summer and winter months. Good handling, and accleration. Comfortable seats both in the front and in the back. Very sleek design to the car.
Overall review: Overall this is a great car!!!!!!
keeps on going by Ron on 02/05/2004. Trim: 1997 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: 77+k miles and not a penny put into it!
Overall review: my second mazada 626 (1986 & 1997). Both were great