1996 Mazda 626

1996 Mazda 626 Prices
1996 Mazda 626 Fuel Economy
Mazda 626 by Blake of Warrenton on 10/17/2005. Trim: 1996 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: For the price range I was looking for, this vehicle drives very well and has a decent appearance
Cons: I have had a number of mechanical problems that have been more than annoying.
Overall review: This is my first vehicle and it seems to be serving its purpose just fine. I would recommend this car to anyone seeking a low price drivable car.
Love my Mazda by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/09/2004. Trim: 1996 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Excellent car that I have owned since I purchased it new. 5 Speed, 4 Cylinders. I now have over 180K miles. Replaced the alternator at 100K and the exhaust twice. Oil Changes were done at 10K intervals with synthetic oil. I drive the car a lot and it performs wonderfully. Does not use oil between oil changes.
Cons: Rear end a little loose in the snow. Eats rear tires no matter how many times you perform an allignment.
Overall review: Excellent Car with great reliability. I would buy another one, but mine still runs strong.
Mazda Pleases Me by A CarPoint Consumer on 10/11/2002. Trim: 1996 Mazda 626 LX sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: reliability, good looks, well made
Cons: cup holders, ashtray, glove box
Overall review: This is my 2nd Mazda 626, and not as trouble free as my 1984 was, it's still been a great car. Comfortable, even on long trips, roomy trunk, great handling. Mazda makes good, reliable cars.
Little red 626 by A CarPoint Consumer on 10/03/2002. Trim: 1996 Mazda 626 LX sedan, Owned 6 years.
Overall review: Great Car in great condition.
Great Car for Singles! by Cliff on 09/03/2002. Trim: 1996 Mazda 626 LX sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It's very sporty looking...especially for a sedan. I can cruise in style and have room for my friends and family. Interior is excellent. Lots of room and power everything! Dashboard layout is very pratical...except for the cup holders. Even with 100,000 it still gets good gas mileage and runs like the day I bought it. The manual transmission has plenty of power to get you where you need to go in a hurry. Very efficient; haven't had many problems other than regular maintaience.
Cons: My only "cosmetic" complaint is with the cup holders. They're right in front of the radio and 12V power supply. If you have a drink in the car you can't get to the radio controls or the ash-tray; plus the holders themselves are too small (not holding anything larger than a medium drink). Plus, the cost of repairs is too high. The only major repair I've had was to a wiring harness in the engine. The harness itself for $600 with another $400 labor. And the only shop I can go to is the dealership and they just charge way too much! But on the plus side: in 4 years that is the only repair I've had to make.
Overall review: An excellent car! I would recommend it to anyone!