1996 Mazda MX-6

1996 Mazda MX-6 Prices
1996 Mazda MX-6 Fuel Economy
The best coupe by Hussein on 10/25/2007. Trim: 1996 Mazda MX-6 LS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: fast, quick, stylish, relibal,
Cons: no cup holder
Overall review: it is a dream car
The Car I caare for like a baby & loved to drive by MY Monna Mazda on 06/29/2002. Trim: 1996 Mazda MX-6 Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This car has been ...I took care of it like it was my baby
Cons: Then when the oil light flicker red 2x it came on I stopped immediately but of no avail-later I come to find out-oil pressure sending failed & I lost my engine I had just had the car checked out It only took a moment she was gone=really stunk.
Overall review: THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY There was no back up for this system >oil pressure sending unit when donin 75mph & the light flickers 2 x's it is to late Your engine is gone. What a poor system -no shut done for when this part fails I stopped imediately I own a business that maintainse cars trks semi trks -22 yrs I Know the importance of red lights. Other engines have back up for this Why not Mazda? I am now look a buying new car IT WILL NOT BE A MAZDA .
Nice curves, but stay away from Quai... by CQQKIE76 from Maine on 05/29/2001. Trim: 1996 Mazda MX-6 Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very stylish car for a 1996 mazda. I like the fold down rear seat. The space in the trunk is awesome for at least two sets of golf clubs, yours and your friends or His and hers, with plenty of room left for trunk/travel necessities. The seats are very sporty, with the wrap-around-the-torso feel. Almost like being in a racing seat.
Cons: I find that there is enough leg room for me (6' 3"), but when I put the seat all the way back I really have to reach for the wheel. not too comfortable on a long trip. The interior is very hollow sounding. I would reccomend some sort of matting in the roof if you plan on having a nice sound system put in, to reduce echo effect. Real power locks would be nice instead of the, "lock both doors when drivers door is locked" set-up. Oh yeah and whats the deal with intermittent wipers without any "REAL" Intermittent adjustments. Most of the time, the preset time is way too long. you might as well not have it on.
Overall review: Overall I think this is Decent car. I did have a few troubles with the transmission and the exhast, when I first bought it at only 52K miles. Ended up getting them both replaced by the end of the deal. The engine light is very sensitive. You can't even wash the engine without the light coming on and having to go to the mechanic to figure out that it needs to be reset. Just a little annoying. Oh yeah and the Quai Blue color, If you are a guy, don't bother with it, because all of your friends will poke fun at you for it...trust me on this one!!!
1996 Mazda MX-6 LS V6 5 Speed 303000KM. by kev3dee on 07/24/2014. Trim: 1996 Mazda MX-6 LS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Leather steering wheel, Excellent fuel economy, 5 Speed manual transmission paired with 2.5L V6 engine, Sunroof, Rear spoiler. Even with 303000KM still running/driving excellently.
Cons: Burns a little bit of oil check oil OFTEN. Had to put a used A/C compressor to get A/C working.
Overall review: Coming from owning and driving a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder, Buying this 1996 MX-6 for $200 was the best choice I ever made. The fuel economy is second to none. Pathfinder was 15L-17L/100KM and MX-6 is 8L-12L/100KM. Saved me loads of money.
Love My 96 Mx6 LS by Vic, San Diego,CA on 08/23/2006. Trim: 1996 Mazda MX-6 LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: its sporty, cute looking, fun, head turner
Cons: no cup holder for a passenger seat, rear seats are little crammed
Overall review: Excellent car as fas reliability, engine, drivability and gr8 value for money providing some good performance