1998 BMW 3-Series

1998 BMW 3-Series Prices
1998 BMW 3-Series Fuel Economy
if you buy it you wont be sorry by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/02/2010. Trim: 1998 BMW 328i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: great handling, throtle response, gas millage
Cons: none
Overall review: bought this car after I totaled my sunfire, found it on craigslist. had to have it inspected and when it was being inspected I got a chance to look the car over real good. I could not find a speck of rust on the car which is unusual for a 12 year old pa car. didn't know a mouse had made a nest against my mass air sensor upon removing the nest it transformed the car into a whole new beast. the car will push you back into the seats, I would not have a problem putting the car up against my brother in-laws 1994 mustang gt. the car also handles like it on rails
328 Beemer Joy by Possum from Riverside County on 05/23/2009. Trim: 1998 BMW 328ic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: 328ic, black top on arctic silver, fun car, still turns heads. Bought it last year (2008) for $6k on Craigslist with 126k miles, had to buy new tires, allign, replace belts, hoses, intake boot etc. In all put another $2400 into it. Love the on-board computer and many of the little German engineering niceties. I'm a baby boomer and the envy of my boomer friends. They all want or wanted one. As I mentioned below, low end kick is so-so but ability to pass at high speed is just outstanding.
Cons: Have had probs with check engine light, was the gas cap once, bought reset tool, a real money saver. Mileage not as good as I expected, over 30 on the freeway but the street driving drops the average down to around 22. Low end acceleration so-so. Maybe I just need a tune-up.
Overall review: Great little car. Love it. It's a rag top BEEMER!! Relatively cheap way to get into one of your dream cars. $38k to $41k brand new, and mine is in very good condition.
GO GET ONE! by Scott from PA. on 03/03/2008. Trim: 1998 BMW 323is, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great finish, great handling, great gas mileage (23 city - 29+ highway) for a 6 cylinder! This car is a stunner, absolutely great looks. You can easily do routine maintenance yourself - brakes, oil changes, etc... Lots of aftermarket items available. I would recommend this car to everyone.
Cons: Cup holders are a nightmare, phantom brake light warnings on computer (common problem), BMW dealer maintenance charges will be astronomical, find a good mechanic other than the dealer. Alarm can go off at strange times for no apparent reason.
Overall review: Best car I have ever owned. I bought it used almost three years ago with 150,000 miles on it. It now has 198,000 and I have hardly had to repair anything. It looks and drives like new. That is hard to believe but true. No rattles, shimmies, or strange noises. My friends can't believe me when I tell them the specifics on this car. What are you waiting for? GO GET ONE.
"A pleasant surprise for the past 9 years" by Just another car junkie in Houston on 10/25/2007. Trim: 1998 BMW 328i, Owned 8 years.
Pros: The handling and performance from 190 HP and 206 ft/lb's is excellent. Power everything, 5 speed manual. The Harmon Kardon with 6 pack cd is awsome. Split folding rear seats. Have driven from purchase at 14k to now having 102+k miles. First set of brakes at 100k, front only! 24 to 26 mpg mixed driving. emergency handling is excellent (bridgestone G009's) 50/50 weight distribution. I usually trade every 3 years, I won't part with this car!!
Cons: make sure you rotate your tires (non sport suspension) every 4k miles, can get uneven wear on inside edges. Rubber trim around exterior door handles (when weather cracked) cannot be replaced without replacing the door handle.
Overall review: My experience has been really good with this car, but I also maintain it well. I have pretty much followed the maintenance schedule as suggested. I would certainly have no reservations about aquiring a used one with maintenance history. Overall the driving experience is unlike regular Japanese or American sedans, quite frankly its just plain fun to drive!
This car should have a road named after it. by thachozun1 from Illinois on 05/26/2007. Trim: 1998 BMW 328i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: great excelleration, great breaking, sturdy build quality, superior handeling in 90+ mph curves great stock audio system, control/information center console is great ( gives mpg, ext. temp, miles till empty, mile countdown for trips, tells you if something is wrong or gives any "check" codes, and much more ).
Cons: not the greatest center console design, not a lot of leg room in rear, not much space for navigation system anywhere on or in dash.
Overall review: i am very impressed with the performance of this vehicle. it is nimble and responsive. it's not exactly a vette, but it will hang with the big boys on the hwy.