1997 BMW 5-Series

1997 BMW 5-Series Prices
1997 BMW 5-Series Fuel Economy
My Bimmer by Claude, Maine on 09/03/2008. Trim: 1997 BMW 540iA, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: acceleration, handling, interior comfort...i have the premium and winter package...i couldn't ask for a more well appointed interior
Cons: the handling in the snow is absolutely terrible fuel economy is poor
Overall review: I have had this car for about six months with 80,000 miles. I have put about 9,000 miles on it and haven't had one problem. No complaints about this car, I can't wait to buy my next BMW.
Review ID: #532067 Is this review offensive?
Everything a driver's car should be. by Greg from CT. on 05/18/2005. Trim: 1997 BMW 540i, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Ludicrously fast, razor-sharp handling, great seats, German build quality.
Cons: Cop-magnet, German electricals.
Overall review: Ludicrously powerful and fast. I used to show up at the local strip and race the kids in their hopped-up Hondas and Acuras- not even close. The kids won't race me anymore. Keep in mind that some of those cars are seriously tricked-out (blowers, nitrous, etc.). It also handles amazingly, as you'd expect from a Bimmer. All-day comfortable as well. I took the "540i" badge off to deter theives and cops, and so far it's worked. It's a driver's car, not the most reliable thing out there (the electricals), but take care of them and they'll run for a long, long time, even when driven hard. It won't strand you on the side of the road, but the ac might carp out on a hot day.
My Sweet 5 by Rich from Long Island, NY. on 12/09/2003. Trim: 1997 BMW 528i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The looks and performance of this car is what I like. There is, hands down, no other car that has such a fine compromise of luxury and performance. I've driven every model of 5 series out there and they all have this trait. To me the closest competitor would be the Nissan Maxima. If the Maxima where rear drive it would be difficult to choose between the two though. The 528I that is, obviously the 8 cylinder models are no comparison.....
Cons: Electrical gremlins, software updates every other month and just plain electrical component failure. These cars have a computer for every @#$%&ing thing in the car and these computers will fail at some point of owning one of these cars......
Overall review: Obviously I love this car. I'm a Bentley Dealer Technician and I also work on just about every high end car out there at the dealership so owning this car with it's little problems isn't a big deal for me. If your not a mechanic and the car goes out of warranty, get rid of it as the repair bills, paying guys like me, will send you to the poor house........
Take care of your BMW and it will take care of you by BMWs live longer in Arizona on 07/18/2003. Trim: 1997 BMW 528i, Owned 4 years.
Pros: A state of mind. Smooth, stylish. Powerful, quiet V6. Excellent road trip car. Has been very dependable.
Cons: Developed a body rattle inside passenger door. Minor but noticeable over rough pavement. Unexpected for an otherwise very solid vehicle.
Overall review: No regrets with purchase. Just getting broken in at 60K.
POWER by ALLEN on 08/04/2001. Trim: 1997 BMW 528i, Owned 2 years.
Overall review: EXELENT CAR
Review ID: #193422 Is this review offensive?