1990 Mazda 626

1990 Mazda 626 pictures are not available
1990 Mazda 626 Prices
1990 Mazda 626 Fuel Economy
the best cheap car ever by steve from mentor on 06/27/2005. Trim: 1990 Mazda 626 LX hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: the quality, the suprising performance, handling, also great gas mileage,everything works, and no rust i love the hold button on the shifter, very fun to drive
Cons: a little under powered off the line, per the 110 hp
Overall review: great car highly recommend for cheap reliable transportation
Peppy car for a smaller sedan by Speeddemon2025 from Calg. Alta on 02/02/2005. Trim: 1990 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very good for hiway driving. Quite zippy around town for a 4 cyl. automatic. Handles really well for its age, I'm shocked at how it takes corners, twisties. Even though I need some minor repairs, I still get pretty decent gas mileage :)
Cons: The radio display has gone, so the screen is only day-glo green now. The side molding/plastic stuff lets in some wind noise when on the hiway. The key used for the door/trunk/ignition doesnt unlock the folding rear seats, which leaves me without folding seats. (bought used) Kinda sounds loud/rough when driving, but I cant tell if exhaust needs work.. A hoot to blip throttle under bridges, and in parking garages :P
Overall review: I bought this thing used/privately in Nov. of 04, and I'm now thinking should I fix this one up, or just get something else. Its a really good car, heater works awesome in cold Canadian winters! The handling/ride/comfort is quite amazing, given that these used to be called 'midsize' cars. Now, think its more 'compact' size lol. If anyone can find one used, in fairly decent shape, I'd say get one. I had a 90 Sunbird (new) and that had more problems, bad heater, tape player went after 8 mths. etc.. I'm quite lucky so far, almost no rust on mine at all.. whoo hoo!
Reliable and Spacious by StLouis Driver on 07/21/2004. Trim: 1990 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Maximum possible interior and trunk space for a vehicle this size. Fabulous handling, particularly on snow. Good handling, fabulous transmission, very peppy for a 4 cylinder sedan of this type. Very practical car, if you are satisfied with a test drive you will be more than satisfied with everything else. I drove this car from the showroom to 82k miles during which time I developed one small vacuum leak that cost 80 dollars to repair, other than that nothing but routine basic maintenance.
Cons: Seating could be more comfortable, styling is dated by todays standards.
Overall review: Highly recommend this car to anyone shopping in this price range. And from the ads I have read it is very cheap by comparison to other vehicles which are not of the same quality or caliber as this Mazda.
Thr Roomy Car by Annie from L.A, CA on 11/26/2003. Trim: 1990 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: You can put a CD or a cassette in, the trunk has a lot of room, and it doesn't smell. You don't have to open or close the winodw by hand, nor lock the door. it hardly gets hot. It's very roomy.
Cons: The air conditioning doesn't work, and the door doesn't open from one side.
Overall review: The engine sometimes doesn't start right away (it takes about 2 to 3 seconds at the most), but the ride is very smooth, and there are no problmes with braking, accelerating, nor switching gears and the lights.
Can't Go Wrong by BarnieMan from Sturgeon Bay, WI on 11/11/2003. Trim: 1990 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very dependable car. Good size trunk. Good gas mileage. Excellent headroom and legroom.
Cons: Tends to go through exhaust systems a bit quicker than expected. No cup holders. Key in ignition sometimes needs to be jiggled to get wipers to work. Air circulation system seems to have problems later in life.
Overall review: This is my second Mazda 626. The first one was a 1986 that lasted 13 years and 180K miles (rusted out - engine was still great). This one I bought with 91K and now has 122K. Although my gas mileage is a bit less with this car than I expected, it never lets me down. I use it like a truck. Drop the rear seats, and I can carry a 25' extension ladder with only 2' sticking out. Both cars had problems with the air circulation blower and ignition contact. Other than that, the engine lasts forever with a little TLC.