1989 Mazda 626

1989 Mazda 626 pictures are not available
1989 Mazda 626 Prices
1989 Mazda 626 Fuel Economy
Perpetual Motion Machine by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/11/2004. Trim: 1989 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This freakin' thing is bulletproof. Bought it in college and now has 250K miles. I would like to get a newer vehicle, but this machine will not die. Nothing has ever gone wrong. I promised this car when I was very broke that if she gave me trouble free motoring through my school years that I would never get rid of her. It is a curse! I will never be rid of this ridiculously dependable, but utterly beat-up vehicle.
Cons: Pieces fall off sometimes. The trunk won't close because it got hit. It will never quit running and free me.
Overall review: Really an amazing performance from a fairly cheap car. My friend Greg doesn't like it but he's not very smart. He voted for Nader.
I'm going to miss it. by JS, Alberta on 01/17/2006. Trim: 1989 Mazda 626 LX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Comfort, reliability, good on gas, very easy to drive (handling is very smooth), good power, 295 700 km's on it and still running...I love this car.
Cons: Same as the others - headlights are not bright enough and the transmission had to be rebuilt years ago due to a new part that was put in that failed (was not the car's fault).
Overall review: I will really miss this car. It was the family car, and then I got to drive it for the past six years. Some kid rear-ended me and sadly ended our ownership (the car is still moving fine, but I'm sure the insurance people will write it off). I remember when we were test driving the car (1991, I was in grade two) and I saw the two air vents in the middle of the dash move back and forth on their own. I kept bugging my parents to buy it because of the vents...who knew it would have lasted us so long? By the way, the vents still move freely; we never had to fix them.
Perfect First Car by Evan from Chandler, Az on 05/29/2004. Trim: 1989 Mazda 626 DX sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: uses almost no gas, highly reliable
Cons: minor electrical problems
Overall review: This is my first car and I just can't say enough about it. It has never let me down. It saves me money by using very little gas, and it's styling has helped keep it from looking ancient. most people guess early 90s, not an '89! Some minor problems, but at 150000 miles I cannot complain. I would recommend this car to anyone, it's been an absolutely great car
Good Starter Car. by sa7307 from San Antonio, TX. on 07/02/2003. Trim: 1989 Mazda 626 LX sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It seems to be very ahead of itself in design for being a 1989 model. It's sleek on the outside and the dashboard seems modern compared to other cars of that time. The dash is very simple and accessible and the oscillating vents are neat. One good thing about this model is that the engine is very accessible for routine maintenance. There is plenty of trunk space and the rear seats fold down for more space. There is also an armrest in the rear seat. The wipers are nice because the are intermittent. Mine is pretty descent on gas in the city and good on the highway.
Cons: I bought the car with 64,000 miles a year and a half ago. Since then I have put about 30,000 miles in the city mostly. As a result I had to replace the radiator and hoses, alternator, drive belts, headlights, starter, head gaskets, CV boots, O2 sensor and other minor parts. The electronic transmission is neat, but the original owner had it replaced and as a result I think the new transmission doesn't have the power as the original. It really strains on the hills.
Overall review: I recommend this car used to those who need something affordable and descent. It is great for young drivers and students. Even after college I am still driving this car in hopes that I can get max life out of it. I had to invest in it, but it has paid off.
Good Starter Car by sa7307 from San Antonio, TX on 02/28/2003. Trim: 1989 Mazda 626 LX sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I enjoy the little extra features such as the power mirrors, power windows, the electronically controlled transmission, and oscillating vents. Also, it is roomy enough for a big guy like me.
Cons: The biggest dislike is the handling and braking.
Overall review: I think this is a good car to start out with, especially if one is strapped for cash.