1997 Lotus Esprit

1997 Lotus Esprit Prices
1997 Lotus Esprit Fuel Economy
Big Bang for the Buck by Misty the Mouse on 01/08/2002. Trim: 1997 Lotus Esprit V8, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent car for the money. Very exotic styling, real head turner.
Cons: Foot pedals are extremely close. Ride a little stiff as expected. Visibility limited as the windows are small.
Overall review: Buy one if you can!!
you will not want toget out of the car by bob on 07/13/2012. Trim: 1997 Lotus Esprit V8, Owned 1 year.
Pros: excellent car for the money buy one you will not be disappointed
Cons: I love the car
Overall review: great handling and fun to drive
(Almost) perfect by Randy from Naperville on 09/24/2013. Trim: 1997 Lotus Esprit V8, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: In 97 I bought a car off the showroom floor with more of everything than I could imagine. Even in the dead of winter I can go out to the garage and smile just looking at it. I often say..."Actually, its much faster than it looks" (true, but hard to imagine). It took getting used to...learning to handle all that power. The first time or two you drive it in the rain...have a little respect (or a lot of room to spin). For that matter, have a little respect in the DRY...when the turbos kick in (around 3200 RPM) the car will head in whatever direction it was last pointed (perhaps because it is doing a small wheelie?) If only I didnt have acid reflux I could drive it more...
Cons: The car generates more G force accelerating, stopping and especially cornering than my body can handle. The car is so awesome that I am almost afraid to drive it. If you arent going to feel this way, dont buy one! The transmission is the car's achilles heel - must be shifted slowly (Red Line in the gearbox vastly improves it). Having the rear tires break loose and smoke when letting the clutch out quickly after first, second and even third gear can be very unnerving...No traction control in this monster...and please dont look too closely at my tailights...they say Toyota for a reason ...talk about a WORLD car! Quirky enough to never let me forget my early days of owning English cars.
Overall review: If I you only get one life and you love cars with all around capabilty and beauty...you need to own a V8 Lotus. A 97 and earlier has REAL WOOD in the dash, etc. Everything inside (even the GM sourced steering wheel) is covered in beautiful leather. Other Lotus owners have always been helpful with advice, etc. If you are over 5'10" and / or are not phyiscally fit...buy something else. You wont be comfortable.