1999 Lincoln Navigator

1999 Lincoln Navigator Prices
1999 Lincoln Navigator Fuel Economy
" MY SHOW-STOPPER" by PrettyRedLady from Texas on 04/19/2008. Trim: 1999 Lincoln Navigator 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I truly love the drive, it's like a smooth, yet turbo boost of power. Long drive to short drives, this vehicle still gets the looks of everyone, I have checked out the 2008 and this 1999 Navigator still can drive beside the Newer models and look just as good. My friends and family love this vehicle, I definately received lots and lots of stares and compliments and plus I look really good driving a vehicle that was made for me with my class and style, we compliment eachother!! ;-) . I like all the extras from what artist and song are playing on the radio to seeing how the mileage indicator which lets you know how many miles you are away from being empty. This vehicle is excellent for me.
Cons: If there's anything I do not like about the vehicle, it would be the assumption that the driver has financial status. I wouldn't not want to be robbed or have any other negative ordeal occur because of the vehicle I drive. I didn't like the 2 seat in the back with the divider at first, however, I have to accept and pretty much appreciate this feature, you can't have a whole lot of people in this vehicle, however, it seats 7 people nice and comfortable.
Overall review: Overall this is the best, the very best vehicle I have ever purchased. I would advise any one to purchase a Navigator. I drive a 1999 and I haven't met anyone who hasn't assumed that it's a 2005 or newer. I love everyhting about this vehicle, what ever problems I may have in the future, I will more likely have taken care of with a smile, because this vehicle is one that I LOVE!!!
Truth be told. by Come Fly With Me on 02/03/2003. Trim: 1999 Lincoln Navigator 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Love the easy operation of the vehicle. Can park almost anywhere. Comfy ride, head turner, fun toys inside, great on ice.
Cons: Maybe it's just mine but I seem to have a lot of trouble with my truck. Don't get me wrong, the warranty has covered %95 of my problems, but I expect more reliability from a $40k vehicle. Rear drive shaft seals in almost every 99-00 Navi are shot after 40k miles, check yours, head gasket leak, catalytic converter failure after 35k miles, heated driver seat quit heating, dealer fixed, thermostat dead, dealer fixed.
Overall review: Fun truck, more cushy than Expeditions and explorer's, more punch too, interior could have been better designed and they were in the 03's. Lincloln... what's up with all my problems, can't your people fix my truck so it lasts more than 2 months without something else breaking down?
Couldn't be happier by FC3 on 05/18/2002. Trim: 1999 Lincoln Navigator 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great truck! Does everything with plenty of room. Nice interior too.
Cons: Had a rather serious mechanical problem at around 75,000 miles. Not bad enough to make the truck undrivable, but definately needed attention. Lincoln and the dealer fixed the problem and included a complete powertrain warranty extension for another 25,000 miles. All for a very reasonable and small fee.
Overall review: Over 85,000 miles and it looks good and runs well. Has not cost me much to maintain, other than the problem mentioned before.
Sophisticated SUV that packs a punch! by flyguy102 on 08/07/2001. Trim: 1999 Lincoln Navigator 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I took this vehicle to flagstaff AZ in the dead of winter last year. It performed flawlessly. It's very stable in high cross winds and tracks very well even on the slickest pavements. Interior comfort is very good on long trips.Ride is smooth and the intec V8 auto trans combo is excellent..smooth shifting and great on cruise control! I'd highly recommend this vehicle for a family with kids or pets. It's rugged, pulls like hell and has enough power for even the most macho types. It's 15 grand cheaper than either a Lexus 470 or Toyota Land cruiser. Those vehicles may have better fit and finish. However, for my money, I think the 4x4 Nav is a much better value.
Cons: Poor gas mileage-12 MPG in town, 17 MPG highway. Interior bolsters need more lateral and lumbar support. High ground clearance is tough on the entry/exit. Just don't put your 81 year old grandparents in it! Running boards are too narrow and can be tricky to navigate.
Overall review: The gutsiest SUV on the planet.
Review ID: #194636 Is this review offensive?
The best for the money.Don't know why some are buying imports. by Constantin, from Beaverton, OR. on 07/05/2001. Trim: 1999 Lincoln Navigator 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fun to drive.Very confortable, specially for long trips. Great engine and design.
Cons: The interior could've been more "detailed", specially the leather quality.
Overall review: Great SUV.Love it.