1998 Lincoln Town Car

1998 Lincoln Town Car Prices
1998 Lincoln Town Car Fuel Economy
A very usable vehicle with first class comfort and reliability. by TheMoFuWizard from Ontario on 04/11/2012. Trim: 1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfortable Seats Sound of engine Huge trunk Towing capacity 4 doors Safety Cheap parts available VERY VERY RELIABLE
Cons: Solid rear axle hops when taking a corner and you hit a bump, just like a truck wind noise at highway speeds steering is vague with little feeling even when the variable steering is fully firm could use more power, but its adequate for the kind of driving this car was designed for Brakes don't feel particularly powerful even though it stops pretty well
Overall review: I bought this towncar a year ago to replace my lincoln mark 8. The towncar is a much more usable car because of the huge trunk, having 4 doors, big back seats(always a good thing) and the comfort. The acceleration is a meh 6/10 but that comes with the territory for a 4200 lb vehicle with 235hp, on the other hand the torque is great and the car will tow 2000lbs with EASE. Comfort is first class, especially being driven in... I especially like the auto leveling suspension in the back which improves stability when towing. The front seats are a little bit more supportive than the back seats, but they are all comparable to sitting on a jumbo overstuffed pillow that grandma used to have. Driving the car is pretty good, the visibility is very good, the engine sounds awesome and everything seems to be in the exact position I would have placed it(except for the traction control button in the glove box). Reliability is outstanding too.
Tiburon's Town Car by Tiburon in Tucson on 07/02/2010. Trim: 1998 Lincoln Town Car Executive, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought my TC from a 93-year-old gentleman who bought it new when he was 82 - talk about an optimist! It had only 90K after 11 years. I have all the service records, and it is easily the best car I've ever owned, even better than the new cars I've purchased over the years.
Cons: I miss the classic styling of the '60s and mid-'80s.
Overall review: The Lincoln TC is the perfect combination of luxury and reliability. The 4.6L V-8 (281 cubic/inch) will also "get up & boogie" when you need it. I recommend it to anyone who will listen.
Best all around luxury car by Ken, live in Florida 6 months and Canada 6 months on 08/17/2009. Trim: 1998 Lincoln Town Car Cartier, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The ride, styling, leather quality,power,comfort unsurpassed
Cons: Some body noise when turning or on bumpy roads
Overall review: I would buy nothing else as long as they make them
Review ID: #542004 Is this review offensive?
A Poor Quality Lincoln by John from Florida on 06/09/2001. Trim: 1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It has plenty of acceleration and gives a quiet comfortable ride. The back seat has plenty of room for 3 but lacks leg room.
Cons: The sound system is poor too much bass from rear speakers even after adjusting radio controls. Leather on seats feel poor in quality and looks like vinyl on backs of front seats. A dissapointment for a car that lists for $42k. Also climate control works poorly a/c dosn't seem to get cold enough on a warm day.
Overall review: I have owned many Lincoln Town Cars and this one has been the worst I've owned. I expected better quality from Lincoln. I regret trading my '96 Town Car for a '98. The new style has grown on me but instead of improving it I think Ford has cheapend up the Town Car. This will be the last Lincoln I'll own. I can't wait to get rid of it.
Big, Solid and Beautiful! by Paul in Scarborough Canada on 08/16/2010. Trim: 1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Like just about everything. For a big machine, handles quite well. Has a ton of options, and although I bought it with about 110,000 miles on it, looks and performs like new. The styling is the best and the quality parts Ford put into this make it feel solid.
Cons: Would have liked a CD Player standard. Not crazy about the cup holders, need to add keyless entry, and the gas mileage could be a bnit better-not a lot, but another 1-2 mpg would be nice.
Overall review: Unbelievable car for a 1998. I had never owned a car where so many people stopped by to take a look at it. It has that rich green color with the tan clothtop. A true beauty. But performance wise also, it is a very solid car. A world class luxury sedan.