1996 BMW Z3

1996 BMW Z3 Prices
1996 BMW Z3 Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
A great car by Ed, Media, Pa on 10/08/2010. Trim: 1996 BMW Z3 1.9, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Everything. I purchased the vehicle in July 1996 and it was delivered on November 11th, 1996. The vehicle has always been garaged and detailed every two years. It is my third car and only has 24,900 miles, most of which are highway.
Cons: plastic rear window
Overall review: A great car to own, maintain and drive.
They will bury me in this car. by Jay on 09/24/2008. Trim: 1996 BMW Z3 1.9, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Styling, leather heated seats, Gas mileage.
Cons: Sometime it misses a downshift to second. What was BMW thinking when they put in the plastic window?????
Overall review: 3rd BMW but 1st 2seater, has been nothing but joy. I thought I might be disappointed with the 4 banger, but after all these years it has been everything you could ask for. I drive 90 miles to work twice a week and average 35 mpg. First night I had it was "love your car" by a couple of young ladies with my wife with me. She wasn't sure I could keep it but 12 years later, I won't trade it for a new one.
Mid Life Crisismobile by Cascade Commuter on 02/12/2002. Trim: 1996 BMW Z3 1.9, Owned 3 years.
Pros: My little black Z-3 made the perfect mid-life crisismobile! Living where I do I get a chance to drive on both mountain roads and interstates. The Z-3 handles both very well and is a kick to drive. It's the only car I've ever had that entices me to take the "long way" home every night! It never fails to get comments and envious looks whenever I stop.
Cons: The trunk space is limited but other than that it's a perfect fit. On rough roads small rattles develop but I just turn the stereo up louder! After all it is a sports car and the suspension reflects that.
Overall review: Living in a cold climate it's nice to have a car that responds well in that environment. The traction control works well and the heated seats and heater do a great job of keeping things comfortable on the inside. The recently installed hard top fits well and enhances the look of the vehicle. With it's gas milage and handling it's a great daily driver as well as a weekend fun car! The hardest thing is keeping the keys away from my twenty year olds. I plan on keeping my "Golden Eye" for a long time.
Get later model year by Travelhound from Dallas on 07/20/2001. Trim: 1996 BMW Z3 1.9, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Sporty, nice handling, sleek & sexy styling
Cons: started falling apart as soon as out of warranty - air bag light comes on for no reason at all, door lock sticks, roof leaks, lots of rattles. Interior was built very cheaply for a BMW-class machine
Overall review: Buy a later model - the 1st model year hadn't gotten the bugs out. Hopefully BMW has improved this car in later years.
Great driving car. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/31/2014. Trim: 1996 BMW Z3 1.9, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought this vehicle used as my wife calls it for "my "dirty old man car". It is the most fun I've had driving since I sold my '69 Dodge Dart, with a 440 motor. It now has 40K miles on it, garage kept and is good looking as the day I purchased it. I wish I could say the same about myself. The car is fun to drive, goes were I steer it, accelerates beautifully. Some of the parts have been replaced, but that's because of the age of the car. Replacement parts, sometimes, are hard to locate. I had a chance to buy the 6-cycle version, but turned it down. I'm glad I did. It's also easy on gas for the same amount of fun.
Cons: Nothing. I can live with the plastic rear window.
Overall review: Buy it.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next