1993 Lexus ES 300

1993 Lexus ES 300 pictures are not available
1993 Lexus ES 300 Prices
1993 Lexus ES 300 Fuel Economy
350,000 Miles Strong by Aar on 03/09/2009. Trim: 1993 Lexus ES 300, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: 350,000 miles and counting. My dad bought it new and passed it onto me when he bought a new ES350. Car looks great inside and out. Took A+ care detailing it inside and out which shows today. I love that there are no frames rails around the windows. Power seats and sunroof still work great. Still looks sporty for a 1993.
Cons: Lexus, you fail when it comes to the instrument panel. How you built a car that lasts forever and have speedo and tac gauges that fail prematurely reflects poorly on your R & D department or even worse, this was where you were willing to cut corners to save costs. The odometer still works great. Did you steal that from Honda? The tranny went and we replaced it with a lifetime warranty one from AAMCO. So far no problems with the tranny.
Overall review: One of, if not the best car we have ever owned. We've gotten our money out of it three times over and I would recommend Lexus to anyone. However, I would caution people, don't expect new Lexus vehicles to last like this one. I have seen the level of quality in Toyota products decreasing as they work to compete in a global economy and work to cut costs. I have owed two Toyota Tacoma trucks and the new 04 I bought can't compete with the 88 I used to have. We also bought a new RX 300 which had fuel flow issues and rusted through on the underside because the undercoat was so thin. We'll see about the new ES 330 but so far it's great. Lastly, buy the parts online and spend the time doing the fix-ups yourself on the ES 300 if you can.
Power when you need it. by Marcus from Cali on 07/17/2007. Trim: 1993 Lexus ES 300, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Power when you need it - really accelerates well. I installed a strut/sway bar, and cornering really improved vastly. Very comfy. Used this car to drive to Texas and back. Wonderful car. Had to replace engine and transmission, but since this is a japanese car, they both ran me about $1080 shipped. Very quiet and if you use your cruise control, expect better gas mileage than what the specs say. Very comfortable, and the stock radio and climate controls are moddable to whatever color you like. Same engine as the Toyota Camry that year, so go for toyota for replacement parts. Nice size trunk, and a pleasure to drive.
Cons: Expect to pay alot for repairs just for it being a lexus. Transmission was going out when the engine overheated. All of their clusters fail over time. They will eventually flicker, then eventually dim all the way out. Don't go to the dealership. There's a company in tenessee that fixes them for around $100 to where they will never fail, which is much better than spending over $800 for one that will again fail. Had to replace rear shocks as well, but they were less than $200, and work great - stiff, but comfy.
Overall review: The most quiet car I have ever owned in my life! For repairs go first to see if there is a Toyota equivalent, which there usually is. Will save you tons. Only use premium. Pay close attention to the cluster, when one of your needles fails, it can be costly, like when my temp needle failed. That's the first and only very necessary repair I think should be done as soon as you buy one. Runs great, very roomy for it's small size. A great luxury car for a very reasonable price.
interstate road dawg by steven b. marietta, GA on 03/23/2007. Trim: 1993 Lexus ES 300, Owned 7 years.
Pros: it is very comfortable on highway trips
Cons: it does not handle very well in curves and lacks acceleration badly
Overall review: it is a great car for someone who travels via interstate a lot
high maintenance by beautiful blonde in bradenton on 01/29/2007. Trim: 1993 Lexus ES 300, Owned 2 years.
Pros: the style is beautiful, handles great, safe for me and my daughter
Cons: the repairs have been very expensive. the car was a one owner car when i bought it 2 years ago and it had been serviced by the dealer but i have had an expensive repair about every 2 months and now i have been told by 2 mechanics after 2 diognostics to get rid of it because the main computer brain has to be replaced which will cost about $3000.00 an is more than my car is worth.
Overall review: i love the car but i don't like my car being in the shop almost as much as i get to drive it.
Lexus Is One Of The Best... by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/06/2005. Trim: 1993 Lexus ES 300, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great Ride and beautiful body. Looks like a '98' or '99' body. Paint is the best quality. Reliable and solid!
Cons: Low head room. Expensive parts.
Overall review: Great used car for the money!