1997 Land Rover Range Rover

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Garbage - sell fast. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/09/2005. Trim: 1997 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: It is comfortable to sit in.
Cons: You had better unload the pile of garbage before the warranty runs out. Trouble starts with brakes (requiring frequent rotor replacement), then goes to differential, then goes to the air suspension then goes to the fact that service is so poor that after they tell you it is one problem it usually winds up that there is really another problem and they always say -- oh we did not realize that.
Overall review: A fine car if it is covered under warranty -- but sell it before it expires -- do not trust the service people to actually fix what is wrong with it the first time. Far too complicated operating systems even for their own service people.
85000$ Mistake by Jay from grande prairie on 07/24/2010. Trim: 1997 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Luxurious interior and exterior have you turning heads everywhere you go. Very comforatable ride and very spacious.
Cons: Repairs, repairs, and more repairs. Local dealers won't look at it because they don't have a clue, and the nearest shop is 5 1/2 hours away and I need to tow it there. Very unreliable even when you pay up you 1000$,2000$,5000$ + you get it back and a week later your towing it back. I blew the engine out due to it leaking like a lemon, put a new engine in and brand new lines and when I finally got it back from 4 months of waiting within 5 minutes I had another oil leak and within a week I had it back to the shop getting service down on the engine. Air suspension is garbage it never works. Interior seems to rattle itself out. Power windows are failing more and more especially at 110km+.
Overall review: If you can afford it I still wouldn't reccomend it. This vehicle has left me with nothing to drive for over 4 months. The looks and the ride are not worth the gas guzzling oil leaking beast it is.
True to the Navy Blue in DC by DC Resident on 07/15/2005. Trim: 1997 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very stylish, regardless of the year. Practical for urban style living (i.e, out on the town or picking up items requiring Space.) I find the handling and ride to be great, whether in the city or on the road.
Cons: I made several trips to fix the A/C. Although this was a covered warranty, I found it very inconvenient to make the extra trips for a vehicle of this caliber. Repairs are too expensive. AThe quality of the A/C was my main issue.
Overall review: Aside from the initial A/C issues, I am a fan of the Range. I haven't had any issues during Summer Year 2. I will take a used Range Rover over most 2005 competitors. The look is timeless. I would buy another RR. However, gas prices would impact my decision tremendously.
Thin line between Love...and what possessed me to buy it. by Lovedaladies on 05/21/2004. Trim: 1997 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Looks are playa! Interior is fine and comfortable. However, unless you're ballin off da chain and can afford to pull (1,500.00) a G & a half out of your back pocket for every maintenance visit, then better keep shopping.
Cons: I've dumped over 8,500.00 in repairs on my ride and bought it brand spankin new from the dealer with 3 miles on it. Ya, I get heads turnin and chicks scoping me out all the time when I'm skating around town in my 97' Rover on (chrome) 22inch rims with spinners, pounding my 4 15 inch subwoofers. But, if you can't pay don't play. And you better be ready to play hard if u want to keep this ride! It's going to be real hard on the pocket book. If
Overall review: It's totally playa! My
Overpriced Exotic garbage by Garrick from San Diego on 05/02/2004. Trim: 1997 Land Rover Range Rover 4.0 SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The ride is second to none. A large windsheild and upright seating provide a great view of the road and inspire confidence. It corners amazingly well for a 6000 lb vehicle, much better than our 99 Durango in all aspects of ride quality and handling.
Cons: The interior was poorly thought out, could have made things much easier to reach, and when you can reach them the switch often does the opposite of what you think it does. What doesn't work, well it may be a shorter list to tell you what does work, but here it goes, windshield washer pump, cruise control, the air supension, all controls on the steering wheel, switch for the mirrors, cracked/ faded dash, driver and passenger side door handles, violent steering wheel vibration at 50 mph (sometimes), and it leaks oil (77,450 miles). There may be a couple of things I forgot.
Overall review: Quality product? I cannot understand how they can get away with selling this garbage at such an inflated price. Shouldn't a vehicle that claims to be the best off road be somewhat bullet proof? I just drove 10 hours on the rubber bump stops after the air suspension failed in a remote area of the sierra mountains, there is no way to raise it back up once it fails. What kind of off road vehicle is subject to this kind of malfunction? Major work has already been done on the air suspension and it doesn't even have 80,000 on it. Don't be like me and think about how cheap they are used as compared to new, THERE IS A REASON! Yes they look great, but the constant head aches that come with it really are not worth it. I've had this thing 6 months but I'm selling it as soon as it gets out of the shop. I thought it had excellent off road abilites, and it does, but I would never go off road with it again because you cannot trust it!!!!!!!!!!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next