2015 Mazda CX-5

GREAT RIDE by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/25/2014. Trim: 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: THE CAR DRIVES AND HANDLES BEAUTIFULLY. I AM GETTING BETWEEN 27 TO 30 MPG IN THE CITY.I HAVE ONLY 4000 MI. TO DATE.
Cons: THE REAR WINDOW COULD BE LARGER AND THE NAV IS RELUCTANT TO TAKE VOICE COMMANDS..
Overall review: I LOVE THE RIDE AND THE GAS MILEAGE. REVIEWS SAY IT'S NOISY BUT I FIND AFTER GETTING TO CRUISING SPEED IT IS MUCH MORE QUIET THAN MY PREVIOUS RAV 4.
1st Mazda, love it! by GeekFreak, Connecticut on 08/07/2014. Trim: 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Best combination of performance/mileage/quality/tech for smaller SUV class Styling is fantastic, get compliments all the time. 19" wheels Sporty exhaust note Very comfy leather seats Easy to use controls/technology Dual climate control Heated leather seats Smart City Break Support (it really works!) Rear camera Blind spot detection Rain sensing wipers Bose stereo w/ Pandora TomTom NAV
Cons: Navigation system is a little slow with response times when you press the buttons, but works perfectly and is easy to use. Slight driver side mirror vibration Frequent/unusual transmission shifting Narrow rear seat belts connections - Rear seat belt receivers are not wide enough. W/ a child booster seat you need to move the booster seat because it covers the seat belt connector, then buckle the seat belt and slide the booster back in place. 1 touch window only on driver side, and after you turn the car off, you can only operate the driver window, no others. Driver's dead pedal is a little too close to the brake. Be nice if it was farther to the left.
Overall review: This is my first Mazda, coming from Hondas and VWs. Owned for 3 weeks, and already put 1k+ miles on it. Overall, fantastic vehicle. No problems whatsoever. 2015 GT AWD w/ tech package + remote start. The combination of 2.5L 184HP/185TQ and 19's make for a very sporty drive. It is a blast to drive! And 3 tanks of fuel later, I've averaged 26+ MPG! Driver side mirror vibrates slightly more than any other vehicle I've owned, there is a TSB and dealers are aware of this and can change the mirror if it bothers you. HINT: salespeople don't know much, TALK TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT. I don't notice it anymore but I did when I test drove 3 different CX-5's. "Skyactive technology" which is Mazda's marketing term for everything that goes into their vehicles to make them fuel efficient without compromising performance, causes the transmission to shift more frequently and at sometimes unexpectedly. Just takes a little getting used to.
The Miata of SUV's by Ragin' Cajun in Houston on 06/05/2014. Trim: 2015 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Can you say handling, gas mileage and acceleration in the 2.5L edition? At one year old and 9000 of mixed city/highway driving my average mileage is 30mpg. Pandora radio sync with iPhone is perfect. Quieter than expected. Simple and uncluttered dash. Backup camera should have been standard since the invention of TV and finally, here it is!
Cons: Door fabric seems to stain easily, carpet behind rear seat is thin and the closure panels between rear seat and trunk area don't fit very well. Buttons on door control (windows, etc.) are not illuminated. A rough highway can translate to a rough ride.
Overall review: This is my third Mazda vehicle starting in 2007, so this is not an unbiased report. Obviously I've had good luck with Mazda and my dealer or I would not be repeat buyer. If I hadn't given my '09 Mazda 6 to my son to replace an aging Civic, I would still be driving it. I seldom drive more than several hundred miles in a single day, but have found this vehicle very comfortable for those durations. I don't understand why one would pay more for a BMW or Audi to have less reliability. The 2.5L engine is perfectly matched with the 6 speed automatic. I selected this vehicle over a 2014 Subaru Outback which had the underwhelming CVT.
best suv by larry-tennessee on 05/25/2014. Trim: 2015 Mazda CX-5 Sport AT FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: fuel economy and fun to drive
Overall review: love the design
Another Mazda, Another Great Ride by Mazda Strong - NY Area on 08/18/2014. Trim: 2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Enjoy the seating comfort, room both front and rear, flexibility of the rear seats. Handling and gas mileage so far. Blind spot monitoring, UI and phone pairing, back up camera. Leather wrap steering wheel and soft touch material on door panels and center console where your skin typically makes contact. Power adjustable driver's seat; tilt / tele steering wheel. Good power and AWD capability (to be tested this winter - living in NY area) Styling and options like the retractable cargo cover, all weather mats, and remote starter.
Cons: Rear visibility could be better though typical of these style and size of cross overs (BSM is a plus) Transmission tends to stay in higher gears (tradeoff for better gas mileage) UI / Bluetooth is slow to download Mid-trim stereo is just ok (noticeable step down from the Mazda Bose system I came out of) Wish the mid trim would come with heated seats without moving up to the GT with leather
Overall review: My wife and I just bought the 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring. We got the blue ext / black int no tech but w/installed remote starter. Price $25250 before $500 Loyalty discount, trade in, and Tax / Title. Overall good price for great vehicle. We're still breaking in but handling, comfort, and overall design seem to be living up to the hype. My wife is enjoying features like the blind spot monitoring and rear back up camera. Layout is simple but intuitive and functional; from tilt / tele steering wheel, 40/20/40 folding seats to easy pairing of Bluetooth. Gas mileage is right at 25mpg so we'll see how that holds up in the winter months. This Mazda out shined over the Toyota, Honda, & Ford.