2015 Subaru Forester

2015 Forester Affordable Technical Tour de Force by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/12/2014. Trim: 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great mileage, super visibility, outstanding safety features including eyesight, all wheel drive, good handling, adaptive cruise control, easy entry and exit, very comfortable, huge carrying capacity
Cons: A few chintzy details inside cabin.
Overall review: This is my third Subaru and by far the most sophisticated package. Each one has been supremely practical and economical. I especially love the ability to go off road in the desert and handling in sloppy weather If this one is as reliable as the first two, it will be the best of a great series of SUVS
One Fine Vehicle by Joe on 07/03/2014. Trim: 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I recently purchased a 2015 Forester and could not be more pleased. The driving position and visibility is outstanding. The vehicle is comfortable, handles very well, and is fun to drive. Fuel economy is very good. The cabin is quite spacious for a small SUV. I feel confident and safe driving it. The exterior looks classy and I've received many favorable comments regarding my Forester. This is my first Subaru and I feel that I'm going to be a fan for life.
Cons: The speedometer is quite small and shares space with the tachometer, which 99% of the drivers find useless. The speedometer is to the right of the steering wheel and it would be far more useful if it were larger and centered in the middle. The tachometer gauge, if deemed necessary at all, should be reduced to 1/4 or a semi circle. Finally, the speedometer is graduated in 20 mph increments - all the way up to 140 mph. How many individuals need a speedometer for a Subaru that registers 140 mph. The speedometer needs to be in 10 mph increments as that makes much more sense.
Overall review: When it comes down to driver position, overall visibility, and good looks, the Subaru designers and engineers have hit a homerun. All other SUV's that I've test driven have a large driver's blind spot. This is the result of the large front pillar that houses the side air bag and made even worse by a side view mirror that is butted up against the pillar. This situation makes any city driving, in particular, hazardous as well as quite cumbersome. The Forester, on the other hand, has been designed with a small fixed window directly behind each front pillar. The side mirrors were moved back behind the small window virtually eliminating blind spots. As soon as I sat in this vehicle, I knew that this vehicle was the perfect fit. The driving position was excellent and offered a wide, panoramic view of the road. After having driven it for a few months, I find that I could not have made a better choice. It's very comfortable, maneuverable, and a pleasure to drive.
Love my Forester by Doug in Springfield, OR. on 04/18/2014. Trim: 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've only owned it for 6 days and I'm in love. Looks great, handles great. Excellent fuel economy. Love the 10 way adjust of drivers seat combined with the adjustability of the steering wheel. I'm very short and it's great to reach the pedals without my nose rubbing on the steering wheel. Thought my old Suzuki was terrific, but I really have found a new love.
Cons: Seat belt (shoulder strap) even in lowest position still cuts into my neck and tightens as I drive. Wish it could adjust to about 2 inches lower and be able to lock at a chosen comfort, rather than constantly tightening, then function as it currently does when needed for safety reasons, to prevent forward movement of passenger.
Overall review: LOVE IT !!!
Best Subaru tall STATION WAGON (what most smaller SUV's really are). by Michael GT on 07/01/2014. Trim: 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: For a 2.5 non-turbo engine it accelerates like a six cylinder vehicle, especially up a hill. CVT transmission is very smooth and feels like an automatic. Handling is extremely secure, but not especially "sporty." Ingress and egress from this vehicle is very easy as it manages higher center of gravity, very high clearance from ground, but seating position is right at the hip point for a person of an average height. Premium includes a huge and smooth operating sun roof. Dash gauges and signage glows very pleasant red-hew color, very VW-like. Visibility is exceedingly good. I find myself not really using back-up camera.
Cons: Stereo is Okay, loud enough, but not great. Both carpet and all weather mats do not cover floor well at all (I chose to buy Husky Liners, which fit and cover floor much better). Platinum color seats are easily staining, but easy to clean with microfiber towel and water, sometimes a dash of "Dawn" detergent if something greasy lands on them. Interior is full of black and gray, kind of drab plastic, but not really unpleasant to touch. Worst of all, black carpet on the floor is the cheapest I have ever seen. It is basically a felt cloth, no depth at all, hard to clean as leaves or dirt cling to it very easy due to easy built-up static.
Overall review: Great CAR. It is listed as "station wagon" in the "type" of vehicle on the MSRP sticker. Think of it as a snazzy tall station wagon, 90% Japan-built quality. Better image driving when I borrow it to go to Home Depot from my wife. Wife loves and fights me to drive it. Children enjoy space at the back seat (there is gobs of it) and natural light of the huge sun-roof. I would consider this car for myself, but I want Subaru to tune their hot rod 2.0 liter XT from premium to regular gas and offer more color for than just dreadful black and gray for the whole line-up. May be they will listen and make some more upgrades or changes as above mentioned in the next couple of years.
Forester takes a big leap foward by Frank from Trenton NJ on 06/13/2014. Trim: 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very safe ,roomy and fun to drive.This is my third Subaru. I always liked Subaru and they hold there value.My only complaint was the gas millage and the finally got that right with all wheel drive this is a bargain.I would recommend for new owners to read your owners manual about the proper way to break in a new engine. The first 1000 miles is critical to insure your Subaru will last a long time. Don't use your cruise control ,vary your speed and always let a cold motor warm up.
Cons: The interior finish has to much plastic especially around the doors and no automatic door locks when you put the vehicle into drive.
Overall review: You always feel safe in a Subaru in all kinds of weather. They have been providing all wheel drive for a long time and they do it right.