1999 Daewoo Nubira

1999 Daewoo Nubira Prices
1999 Daewoo Nubira Fuel Economy
A Great, Cheap Alternative by asuntos27 on 05/16/2008. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Nubira SX Sedan, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Handling is suprisingly good. I drove a 2008 VW Rabbit for awhile, and actually preferred the handling of my Daewoo. The transmission is very smooth, steering precise and has a small turning radius. Gas mileage is pretty good, too. No major mechanical problems up till now.
Cons: Rather noisy interior, finishing on the inside isn't the best, and I have had problems with the muffler/tail pipe which totally rusted out only after having the car 3 years. Engine cap seal leaked oil after 70,000 miles, but was an easy fix - charged $50.
Overall review: For someone looking for a cheap set of wheels, I highly recommend the car - the car has almost no resale value, and you can find a good deal. It is, overall, a reliable car and has a lot of nice features found in more expensive vehicles. The 2.0 DOHC engine gives a lot of power, and in the automatic version has a "power" button on the shifter for extra move out...nice feature in traffic sometimes.
DO NOT GET by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/11/2005. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Nubira CDX Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: OK looking. Decient room
Cons: Company went bankrupt. Parts are difficult to find and very expensive. My timing belt broke with only 40K miles. Had to replace several heads in the motor. No resale value. Makes a lot of noise.
Overall review: Do not recommend. Better off spending a couple more $$$ on a Honda, Toyota, ect.
by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/11/2004. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Nubira SX Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: This car has givin me problems from the start. Dont buy it
The Money Pit by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/21/2004. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Nubira SX Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nothing good to say about this car
Cons: The biggest waste of money in my life
Overall review: This car stinks
Nice, affordable car. by djwhornplayer from Urbana, IL on 04/23/2004. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Nubira SX Hatchback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very reliable. My friends who teased me when I first got this vehicle have all gone through at least one of their American makes. No major repairs at all.
Cons: Lack of parts/service. No real support (not that I would use it anyway, I'm a classic Do-It-Yourselfer.)
Overall review: I've owned this car for five years, and I still like it. It has 80K on it and no major repairs, if the thing just fell apart tomorrow I would still have to say I made a wise decision and got a good deal (considering I paid 10K for it in 1999).