1999 Daewoo Lanos

1999 Daewoo Lanos Prices
1999 Daewoo Lanos Fuel Economy
the turtel by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/24/2007. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Lanos S Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: it's price
Cons: acceleration is so bad
Overall review: a normal car
My Lame-ass Deawee by Quinn on 08/06/2006. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Lanos S Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: nice getting from point A to Point B. great mpg!!
Cons: not a very quick highway car. really woubly on the freeway.
Overall review: I enjoy the car, would like to someday put a turbocharged in. I like how it looks...
My little silver moneypit by Been screwed,Vista,Ca on 03/08/2005. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Lanos SE Hatchback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: great car for short trips,love the power conveniences,and the good gas milege too,also like the abs system,not many economy cars have abs systems,1999 was the only year they offered it,after2000 they dropped it.
Cons: I bought this car with 6,663 miles on it, 4months after purchase,had repeatedly had dead batteries, replaced 3 times,then i had enough so i had the dealer check it out bumper to bumper and they did a complete removal of my interior after a 2week delay, they found(so they say)the robot at the factory, that installed my electrical harness in my car,drilled a screw in the wires to my harness,thus,causing my problems,NOW 4yr later and 52,000 miles I've no more problems and i still love the car spite all the hassles i"ve incountered,not to mention 3 recalls
Overall review: overall it's an ok car,if you still love the daewoo,you can goto your local budget rent a car service center and get them worked on, also if you want a new one,the local chevrolet dealership (general motors) bought daewoo motors and now they call it the aveo by chevrolet, check um out and you'll see the resemblences.
by Reno, NV on 10/11/2004. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Lanos SE Sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my little Daewoo, my friend even bought one in blue! Yeah everyone makes fun of my car but heck it gets me to where I need to go! Great gas mileage also!
Cons: I bought the car used, it had 28K miles. I've had a few problems but nothing that won't make the car run. The back left window doesn't roll down, the automatic button is like its melted. A few thousand miles ago the driver’s window button cracked and then cracked again and it’s to the point where I have to push it in the right spot so I won't crack it again..not worth replacing. Just recently the
Overall review: Hard to find parts though, its like Daewoo is a disease or something, nobody wants to work on it. But its one of the best cars I've had, lots of trunk space too!
175K Beast Woo by Jose from Clearwater, Fl. on 05/26/2004. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Lanos SX Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Good gas mileage, fair styling, good acceleration, good quality inside and out, interior is decent, engine and critical parts are very strong.
Cons: Eats brake pads and rotors quickly, even with ABS. Due to Daewoo's bankruptcy parts are hard to find and take forever to ship when ordered. Three weeks for a simple valve gasket! Hard to find any mechanic who knows anything about them.
Overall review: 175, 000 Miles and it still hits a 100 mph with ease. Engine and tranny still strong. Fairly good quality, excellent car if given a bit of care. Don't believe all the people who give it such a low score, they expect a car to perform perfectly if they just put gas in it, with no mechanical care. An overall decent car.