1999 Daewoo Leganza

1999 Daewoo Leganza Prices
1999 Daewoo Leganza Fuel Economy
WORST GIFT EVER RECEIVED by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/16/2006. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Leganza SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: WAS VERY ROOMY AND LOOKED STYLISH.
Cons: PROBLEMS SINCE PURCHASED IT. ALL WINDOW MOTORS HAD TO BE REPLACED AND SOME ALREADY TWICE. BOTH VISER HAD TO BE ALSO REPLACED. FUEL PUMP, 3 BATTERIES, MOTOR REPLACED DUE TO TIME CHAIN, CANNOT FIND PARTS TO REPLACE BROKEN LENS AND MISSING TRIM. BOTTOM LINE, OWNED IT FOR 2 1/2 YEARS AND HAD TO HAVE IT SERVICED 17 TIMES. WORSE CAR I EVER OWNED.
Overall review: BY AMERICAN MADE.
Daewoo Leganza 99 by eugene on 02/27/2004. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: styling and features for the dollar are great. Loaded with everything I wanted except for cd player which I added myself for a little less than stock. Roomy, comfortable, lots of extras for not a lot of extra money...very attractive car...lots of positive comments...
Cons: Only the fact that Daewoo bailed out of their end in this country...
Overall review: Very happy with the car...wish Daewoo was still making them...would have considered a new one...
Excellent Used Car Purchase by Astrol from Gaithersburg, Md. on 06/12/2003. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Italian good looks, Auto climate control, Well designed and spacious interior, Controls are smooth in operation and well placed, Smooth revving 4 Cyl. and very smooth shifting Auto tranny, Excellent sound system, Comfortable leather seating, Large trunk even with CD changer, Full size spare
Cons: Buzzy internal dash noises and vibrations, Exhaust is somewhat burbly but I kinda like that. CEL (Check Engine Light) has a mind of its own
Overall review: I bought this 54K mi.car precisely because it had no real resale value which meant it made for a great low cost purchase.I only need 7.5K miles a year from this baby and I see no reason why I can't nurse it right along. I live only a few miles from a small showroom dealership and 25 minutes or so from a full service one with lots of parts. Knowing the '99's have a better reputation made the choice an easier one even though there are newer ones out there, some still untitled. The ownership experience thus far has been trouble free from the standpoint of the car's reliability and very enjoyable. I even had to replace a cracked windshield courtesy of a stone thrown by a semi with no rear flaps...no problem finding a replacement however. I sympathize with those who bought retail and found themselves cut adrift and upside-down loan-wise. But this is what can happen with any consumer purchase. "Caveat Emptor" is the standard rule which applies to me as much as to anyone else.
The Price was Right by Ylonn Cherry from New York on 11/23/2005. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I purchased this vehicle because it provided luxury accomodations for a low price.
Cons: Can be expensive to maintain because of replacing parts and repairs and service.
Overall review: Great car for the money, but not worth the maintenance.
KentuckyWoo by Brent Rockford Illinois on 03/31/2005. Trim: 1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The value of this vehicle is unbeatable with the options that are included, you can not get these options on any other vehicle for this price.
Cons: There was nothing about the vehicle I disliked I just wish in 99' there was a V-6 option. After Daewoo went bankrupt, I had trouble finding ANYONE that would work on my vehicle. I would still have it today, but the engine light came on in Sept of 04 and no one would look at it to tell me what is wrong, I was told to I would have to drive it over 100 miles away to have it looked at, thats when I decided I need to get rid of this car.
Overall review: Very good deal untill last year of ownership and no one would work on it.