2014 Mazda Mazda5

1 - 1 of 1 review
Wagon/van hybrid works for me by EF from Birmingham, AL on 07/10/2014. Trim: 2014 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love that my Mazda5 gives me the flexibility of a minivan (sliding doors, seating for six, second row captain's chairs) without the larger size. I drove a Honda Civic for ten years before buying this car, so I wanted something that had a little more room for my kids but didn't feel like I was driving a ship. I like that I can seat any combination between two and six people with the various seats folded. It's also fun to drive. It definitely doesn't feel like a van when you drive on roads with curves. Also, our carseats installed easily in the second row which is always nice with small kids.
Cons: I have no serious complaints, only minor inconveniences. The display panel on the center dash could be a little more organized. The clock, temperature, MPG, etc is crowded into a tiny box at the top. The radio functions eat up a lot of space that could better used to spread out the digital display. Also, it would be nice to have a little more leg room for the third row, but since I appreciate the small size of the vehicle, I understand that this is part of the sacrifice. Also, all of the storage spots available to the driver are small and open--nowhere to hide things you might like to keep out of sight.
Overall review: I am really enjoying my Mazda5 Grand Touring and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys driving a smaller, zippy car but needs more space for passengers and/or cargo. It does alright on gas mileage, but could be better. I like that I got all of the Grand Touring features for less than 25K. Definitely consider this vehicle if you want to avoid a minivan or SUV but need more room than the average sedan. And drive one before you write it off--they're really fun to drive!
1 - 1 of 1 review