2000 Volvo S40

Great Car, Very Euro with styling and handling by Tony on 12/01/2009. Trim: 2000 Volvo S40, Owned 3 years.
Pros: turbo, stereo, climate control, seats, sport mode
Cons: occasional rattles and noises,
Overall review: This car is a really great car. Mine is 9 years old and runs great. Routine prevenative maintenance and 10w-30 SYNTHETIC oil (you should always run synthetic oil with a turbo because of coking from heat) will keep it lasting.
The nice little car by William San Antonio, Texas on 06/03/2006. Trim: 2000 Volvo S40, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Turbo is very cool and perform great
Cons: trunk is to small and donot have a fullspare tire
Overall review: Is a very nice looking and performs great
Really dissapointed by Bob on 12/21/2005. Trim: 2000 Volvo S40, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Like the looks, comfort and acceleration.
Cons: It's been a maintenance nightmare. Brakes, engine mounts, radiator, and countless other things have cost us thousands in repair costs.
Overall review: Nice looking car but I'll never buy Volvo again.
Good starter Volvo by Shawn on 01/15/2004. Trim: 2000 Volvo S40, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Good little car and have not had any problems with it. Bought it brand new and has 35K on it and nothing major. Handles very well in the snow/ice.
Cons: Headlamps went out often--usually after 15K miles but I do drive with lights on all the time. I quit using Volvo lamps and got some generics at Pep Boys and they last longer. Back seat is a bit cramped and truck opening is a bit small for some luggage.
Overall review: Good car for the money. I will drive this thing until it dies.
Sporty and Zippy by Pat on 12/28/2002. Trim: 2000 Volvo S40, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like it's pick up and agility. The down side is I just got into an accident this AM and was rearended by a very large pick up truck going 50-60 miles an hour, I was stopped. He hit me so hard it crushed my trunk completely and pushed my car 10 feet forward and into the car in front of me, but through all this impact not one of the airbags deployed. No I was not hurt but i now have serious reservations about airbags in any car. The car can hold items up to 8 feet long when you put the seats down, passenger and rear.
Cons: The air bags did not deploy when in an accident including 3 cars and I was in the middle. The cup holder in the dash broke with in 3 weeks of owning the vehicle so it basically is a piece of junk and volvo refused to fix it even under warranty. Back seat is only capable of seating children, pets or very short adults comfortably.
Overall review: Overall I like the car and would buy another if they make some small changes.