2014 Scion xB

Enthusiast
I love the toaster! by Don from Tokyo on 03/21/2014. Trim: 2014 Scion xB.
Pros: economy - price of car - handling - roomyness
Cons: My bB in Japan has no light on the dash button to find the mirrow fold light, so it is hard to find at night. I wish the USA version would have fold-back mirrors, which is on every car in Japan.
Overall review: My grown daughter loves her xB, my grown niece loves her xB, and I'm 69yr old and I love the smaller/younger sibling version bB, which I and driving now in Japan. This is my 2nd time having the bB in Japan and it is nice. I think I've seen one in the USA. It is a tinsy bigger than the Kia-Soul, much roomier inside and decent power. Wish I saw more in USA.
Very roomy by Cindy from Colorado on 03/21/2014. Trim: 2014 Scion xB, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have owned my xB for almost two years and it has not needed anything but regular oil changes. It is fun to drive. Pretty peppy and has no problem going up and over the high mountain passes here in Colorado. The leg room in the back seat is exceptional. The roominess of the vehicle overall is very good.
Cons: It feels a bit "tinny." (i.e. when you close the doors it just sounds like there's not much metal there.) I wish the stereo system was a bit better. It also sounds a bit "tinny."
Overall review: I would buy this car again.
"A Fun Car for Grandma's" by Nana on 07/03/2014. Trim: 2014 Scion xB, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I drove my son's 2006 XB for a week, I loved it, came home and traded in my 4-Runner for my XB. It's roomy, fun, people are surprised at how much heardroom and legroom the XB has, you can have the front seat all the way back and still have plenty of room in the back (no crunched knees). The seats are very comfortable for a long ride, i like the features of the stereo/bluetooth combination, also the cargo space is just right, I don't carry as much stuff as I did with my 4-Runner. It runs great, maintenance is reasonable, get Toyota Care as part of your deal and happy motoring!
Cons: There is nothing i dislike about the XB.
Overall review: Love it, it takes a certain person to drive the Toaster!!!
Good choice for me! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/04/2014. Trim: 2014 Scion xB 5-Door Wagon 4AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have a bad lower back and this vehicle is SUPER easy to get in/out of. Seats are supportive/comfortable with "just right" adjustment easy to find even without the power accoutrements I'm used to. This thing does NOT handle like the box that it is......takes corners like a go-cart and has just the right amount of road feel. I read negative reviews about gas mileage on this vehicle but I have almost 2K on it now and am averaging 28mpg with road/city mix of around 50%.....pleasantly surprised. THE BOX is great for trips to Lowes/HD and I just hauled home a new recliner which fit in the back with ease. My car is the "Ignit10n" release so has some special accessories to improve looks etc.
Cons: It's basically a box so I expected some road/wind noise and it's there. Not enough to be a big bother and the awesome stereo is great for lessening the effect! That's about the only negative so far.
Overall review: This vehicle is exceeding my expectations after 2 months and 2K miles. Hopefully Toyota will not cancel this model but redesign/refine it. It has little competition since the Elements demise and the Soul to me is just not a viable alternative. A new tranny with a couple more notches to improve MPG, some more sound insulation and a few perks like leather steering wheel would be great additions.
Not a hip hop car by Ellis on 03/21/2014. Trim: 2014 Scion xB 5-Door Wagon 4AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I own two older models. Both from 2005 although one is Limited Edition. Car must have changed over the years. Total spent in repairs over the last nine years is zero. Gas mileage is outstanding. Storage space excellent. Fabulous radio.
Cons: The changes made to car over the last years were downgrades. They should not have tampered with success.
Overall review: If I can locate more I will buy them. I drove Corvettes for many years. I love this car more.