2014 Land Rover LR4

Test Driver
Drips high class testosterone with enough quirks to scare me away by Jack on 07/07/2014. Trim: 2014 Land Rover LR4.
Pros: Good cargo space; looks great; high, upright seating; strong acceleration
Cons: Odd wheel size; terrible reliability reputation; very little dealer selection and new-vehicle orders can take several months. I did not buy this vehicle so I have no direct reliability experience; thus I gave the survey a "10" but have no direct data either way..
Overall review: I compared this to a Lexus GX and although I had a slight preference for the LR4, I bought the GX instead. Why?...1)The standard 19-inch wheel size on the LR4 is odd. There is small selection in the way of tires when replacement is eventually needed; also, there are very few "all-terrain" tires available for 19-inch wheels if you should actually wish to use the LR4's legendary off-road capability. The 20-inch wheel option is no better because of its low-profile tire sizing and similarly few tire options. That alone makes me think that Land Rover has lost its way by advertising off-road capability but not the basic tires to go with it. Somebody didn't think it all the way through. 2) Also, LR's dismal reliability reputation just spooked me. Even the dealer, when I asked, admitted to a history of substantial problems. It's a shame, because I really wanted to buy this vehicle, as it's one of the last remaining true SUVs.
Test Driver
the ultimat truck by pedro alcantara on 04/28/2014. Trim: 2014 Land Rover LR4.
Pros: its cool
Cons: cool
Overall review: cool
Incredibly Versatile SUV by Jason on 08/19/2014. Trim: 2014 Land Rover LR4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We used to have the GL550, and bought our 2013 LR4 in October. It's been absolutely amazing and we have already put 20000 miles on it as we drove to Vail from California in December and have done various other family trips. It has been extremely reliable and very comfortable. The 7 seats are all usable and our 20'' wheels are perfectly sized for snow driving and onroad handling. I read a review on here that the wheels are odd sized and probably not suitable for off road driving. Completely wrong. We ended up in a snow storm near Denver car handled amazingly.. Material quality was substantially better than the Mercedes. Visibility is incredible and 825 Watt sound system is great
Cons: Virtually nothing. Wish gas mileage was better, but we averaged 22 miles a gallon on the highway. The new V6 is supposed to be better
Overall review: The LR4 is more luxurious and capable than most SUVs we have test driven.
Enthusiast
Luxury off road all in one by Woodlands Land Man on 07/19/2014. Trim: 2014 Land Rover LR4.
Pros: Everything about this vehicle says off road and luxury at the same time.
Cons: Time pressure system is annoying. The HSE model should include memory seats and electric steering wheel adjustment. Also needs air cooled seats. Needs better storage options around console for phone, keys and wallet. There should at least be an option for remote start or provide the technology to allow after market remote start kits.
Overall review: Drives great, looks great! I had a Lexus GX for 4 years and it was very nice, but I never felt it had the off road ability that the LR4 had from day one (great for soccer moms). The LR4 is a solid performing off road vehicle with spacious interior and British luxury. I've had 6 grown men in my LR4 off road, running through potholes and 14 inches of water and we never felt it wouldn't perform. At least half of them commented "I need one of these"