2014 Dodge Dart

2 3 4 5 6  Next
surpasses all expectations by becky, citrus heights, ca on 10/28/2013. Trim: 2014 Dodge Dart, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: very stylish, amazingly comfortable, excellent gas mileage
Cons: there is nothing I do not like about my Dart
Overall review: Dodge did a really wonderful job on this car
Dodge's best effort yet in a compact sedan by DK from Seattle on 03/27/2014. Trim: 2014 Dodge Dart SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Dart is a great car overall. Cabin noise is very hushed, the interior is roomy, heater/AC controls are simple and easy to reach, seats are comfortable, handling is excellent, and both power and mileage are reasonable (though not spectacular) for the class. The 2.4L engine is a much better choice than the 2.0, and I know because I test-drove both at length. The front seats are big enough for anyone, and the headroom is ample, but getting in requires ducking your head. The rear seats are adequate for all but the largest passengers. Trunk space is ample. I didn't buy one with the UConnect, but on the Dart I test-drove with one it was very easy to use.
Cons: The Dart is a bit large and heavy for a compact, which is great for a comfortable ride but less so for acceleration and fuel economy. The base SE model lacks A/C and cruise, so I had to step up to the SXT just to have a decent number of features. The lack of a handle on the trunk lid is annoying, as is the fact that you don't get a spare tire unless you pay extra for it (like many cars in this segment you only get an air compressor and a glorified can of fix-a-flat). The 2.4 is the only really decent engine choice, having ample power for passing but not enough to chase a Mustang GT. The 2.0 is unimpressive, and the 1.4 turbo is fine on the highway but lethargic at low speeds.
Overall review: The Dart may not lead the compact segment in any particular category, but it performs well enough across the board and looks great to boot. To get one with the best features you have to move up to the higher trim levels, but they're worth the extra cost. I don't recommend the too-spartan base SE. I bought a Dart because I prefered its looks and ride comfort over the Mazda3, Focus, and Cruze, plus loyalty to the Dodge brand. If you're looking for either maximum performance or economy the Dart doesn't lead the pack, but if you want a nice balance of the two coupled with a car that's enjoyable to drive on long road trips I recommend checking one out.
Charger's Little Brother by KS Dad on 12/03/2013. Trim: 2014 Dodge Dart GT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Features for the money just cannot be beat. We have the GT with the technology package, HID lights, hyper black wheels, everything but sunroof and navigation. Drives great and the 2.4 liter engine has a great balance of power and economy. Great design, not a belly button compact as it has style.
Cons: I can't drive it as we bought it for our son.
Overall review: What a great return to the compact class by Dodge! The "charger's little brother" is a fantastic automobile. We could not be happier.
Goes in the snow! by Commuter Prof on 02/27/2014. Trim: 2014 Dodge Dart Limited, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The fuel economy is great for me, a commuter. I was also pretty surprised at how it handles in the snow and ice - with a decent set of snow tires, this car can really get around nicely in deep snow, slush and ice. The interior features on this car are comparable with a much more expensive car. I am leasing a limited for under $200/month with all the bells and whistles.
Cons: If I had to do it over again , I would get the 1.4 turbo just for a little extra pep.
Overall review: Excellent choice for the money.
The Supreme Being by Bigbadaboom from Seattle on 10/29/2013. Trim: 2014 Dodge Dart SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: sporty, comfortable, fuel efficient, eye catching, unique
Cons: slightly less responsive to acceleration than i would like, but I also did downsize from a V8 pickup
Overall review: I've owned the Dart since January, and I absolutely love it. It handles great, performs how I think it should, and is overall fun to drive
2 3 4 5 6  Next