2014 Toyota Tacoma

tonka toy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/31/2013. Trim: 2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 6MT 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: very tight vehicle. drives as straight as an arrow
Cons: don't expect anything special. even the limited is just plain jane at best. for what you pay, you wont get the extras. gas milage isn't what they say it is.
Overall review: I bought it for the size and got that. it isn't luxury by any means. its a toy truck.
Comments from Louisiana by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/19/2013. Trim: 2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed V6 5AT 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The vehicle feels very solid. Everything works - it doesn't have to be fixed or adjusted. Compared to the 2002 Toyota Tundra that I used to have, it feels more stable - less "tippy".
Cons: The fuel mileage is poor at best - Toyota needs to get off the dime and put out a quality truck that gets at least 25 miles per gallon. GM, Ford and Chrysler are all moving out to improve fuel mileage, including on their full-size trucks. No more excuses.
Overall review: A high quality vehicle.
4WD Taco working well in snow. by The Rocket Man on 02/26/2014. Trim: 2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 5AT 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Seems sturdy and reliable. Great for driving in snow.
Cons: Replacement parts from Toyota way too expensive -- aftermarket parts often don't fit correctly.
Overall review: I have the 2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab replacing a Tacoma Regular cab. It's a daily driver with special emphasis on recreational trips -- hiking/climbing, skiing, camping, etc. The extra room behind seats is convenient storage without having to resort to using the bed -- gym bags, packs, cooler, purchases, etc. People fit for short distances. I have the V6 with automatic tranny and 4WD. Decent gas mileage, but nothing to write home about. Biggest snafu so far was that I needed a slider window because I put a canopy on my truck. Toyota slider window was $800+. Aftermarket windows were way less expensive, but leaked because of fit issues. Ended up getting salvage window (salvage window in my brand new truck!). I've driven through a lot of snow this winter, around town and ski and snowshoe trips. 4WD and traction control features work very good -- I feel confident driving in snow. All in all, I like my Taco and am looking forward to the spring thaw and hiking and camping trips.
Not the Ultimate truck by Greg on 02/26/2014. Trim: 2014 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 5AT 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the truck for it's size , has good pick up and able to get out of it's own way.4 wheel drive is excellent.
Cons: The cons about this truck are is that should be standard on all vehicles , is that it does not have intermittent wipers just 2 speeds low and high , also when you have your headlights for either day or night the radio lights gets very dim and you cannot see it during the day, another feature it does not have you cannot see the dial for the 4 wheel drive it also should be lit so you can see it on the dash , power windows seems to always freeze and they are also hard to see and should be lit for night driving should you don't have to put your interior lights on to see what your doing. Gas mileage should be a lot better for this size truck.
Overall review: My overall review of this truck, if it has more standard equipment and better functions as I listed above ,I would buy another, As it stands right now I would look for something else.
Review ID: #582080 Is this review offensive?
Does what I expected it to do! by Accord from Navarre, Fla. on 02/14/2014. Trim: 2014 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab I4 4AT 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's my weekend 4 x 4 recreational vehicle and small item hauler which it does well. No frills and that is what I wanted, simple 2nd vehicle.
Cons: Fuel milage. Based on the 2.7L should be getting 25mpg +.
Overall review: Really like the truck, solid and goes where I point it off road. It's a regular cab 4 x 4 and like the turning radius,comes in handy when off road or for that matter any where. I've only had a short time but so far I look forward to weekends where I can park the car in the garage and enjoy the truck.