2014 Lexus GX 460

A true SUV in a fine-looking package by Jack on 07/04/2014. Trim: 2014 Lexus GX 460 460 Luxury, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's a real SUV underneath all the pretty styling. I've used it to tow my boat in the mountains with ease. I also actually used it on off-road mountain trails where it readily climbed steep grades and hopped over a number of small boulders thanks to its excellent wheel articulation (not many other of today's pretend-SUVs could do that). All that and it looks great for going out to dinner with the wife. It is eerily quiet on the road. Also, its more traditional high roof line and upright seating makes it comfortable for my 6'4" frame. Looked at just about all the SUVs and even trucks out there and this was the overall best for my needs and tastes. And, Lexus reliability is legendary.
Cons: The folding third-row seats, although very compact and flat, still use up some precious cargo space. I wish there was an option to simply not have them, as I will never use them. The side hinged cargo door is odd and can make access a bit inconvenient when a trailer is attached.
Overall review: This is a truly excellent vehicle that does just about everything right. I like it more each day that I drive it. And, I know it will be reliable. I compared it to the SUV offerings (and pretend SUV offerings) from just about every manufacturer including BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, GM, Ford/Lincoln, Infiniti, Acura. I also looked at dressed-up pickups from various manufacturers as well. In the end it was the GX vs Jeep GC Summit vs Land Rover LR4. The Jeep was ok, but didn't have enough cargo space. The LR4 was also a great vehicle, but I couldn't get past LR's terrible reliability history. The GX rides well, sits high and does everything you could want in a real SUV ... and I know it will simply work when I need it to.
Best Luxury SUV on market! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/10/2014. Trim: 2014 Lexus GX 460 460 Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love the distinctive styling and handling. Build quality is excellent.
Cons: Fuel economy could be better.
Overall review: Very impressed with this vehicle. I compared it to 7 other makes and models and am very glad I purchased the Lexus GX 460. Best quality and offers great value.
Lux Lexus by Lee on 01/03/2014. Trim: 2014 Lexus GX 460 460 Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the new front end and rear style. what an improvement over the older model. The road and wind noise is quite subdued at freeway speeds. Considering it is a truck it is a great driving and riding vehicle.. Plus I'm getting better than the stated MPG.
Cons: The stationary runningboard. It gets in the way, but once you learn to navigate it, not so bad.
Overall review: I am very satisfied with this vehicle,. This GX460 has almost all the toys Lexus offers and they all work just fine.
A great midsize luxury vehicle by Mike from Syracuse NY on 04/30/2014. Trim: 2014 Lexus GX 460 460 Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very quiet, smooth ride on the road. The front seats are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I love the automatic headlights and wipers. The new LED daytime running lights are sharp. You don't see a lot of them on the road where I live (Syracuse NY) so that is a plus in my book.
Cons: when 3rd row seat is up there is no storage, the rear door opens from the side which I'm sure will be a con for those who park on the street. It's a heavy vehicle so if acceleration is important, you need to be reminded this is not a sports car.
Overall review: I love this vehicle, I have been very happy with it so far. The dealership has been a step up from any other dealership I have done business with.
Best SUV ever by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/25/2014. Trim: 2014 Lexus GX 460 460 Luxury, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Look and style
Cons: None
Overall review: Love the ride ,the navigation and the blind spot mirrors