2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Freak'n Subie! by Mike - Milwaukee WI. on 02/04/2014. Trim: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium 5MT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a fun car to drive with the manual transmission. It responds well and has nice curb appeal both in the city and on the trail. We've taken it through the smokey mountains without any trouble and intend to visit the Rockies in the near future! So far, the only thing that has stopped it was sliding off an un-maintained winter road in the Michigan UP and ending up in over 2 feet of soft snow. Thanks to the snow mobilers that hauled us out! I added the optional speaker upgrade and all weather mat package. Both were an excellent addition. Some folks say the stock speakers are not very good. I will vouch for the quality of the Kicker add ons.
Cons: If a turbo option was presented, I would trade up in an instant. The car is adequately powered, but could use a little extra something to pass at freeway speeds. The one other thing I would add would be a sunroof to the manual transmission. Not sure why this wasn't an option...
Overall review: Great crossover SUV with everything you need and nothing you don't. Handles the snow and ice as well as the dirt and mud. No odd maintenance problems and a great value for the money. Looks awesome in the woods.
As near a perfect car as we have ever owned. by stevefromphillyburbs on 04/05/2014. Trim: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Limited, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We like everything about this vehicle. Visibility, ground clearance, all wheel drive, the appointments of the limited package, the look of the car, the build quality, the comfort and space for passengers.
Cons: There is really nothing we don't like about this car so far.
Overall review: We have been very pleased with this car. There is nothing about it I would change or want, that isn't already in there. If you buy this car, you won't be disappointed. It seems the concerns of the 2013 models about noise and such, were addressed in the 2014's. Heat and AC seem more than adequate. HD radio is great. Backup camera is a nice touch. And the leather seats are amazing.
Very good all around AWD driver. It may cause you to get out more! by West Coast Guy on 03/25/2014. Trim: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium CVT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: If you're in the market for an AWD 4 door mini SUV, this Suby is a very good option especially considering price/options/value. Got my 2013 XV just above $20K (not incl tax/reg/etc). CVT, Sunroof and sport package, all weather mats/cargo, cloth seats. Standard seat warmers is a welcomed addition, the heater/AC works very good for me, a bit loud but reasonable. The standard paddle shifters (CVT) is a nice option and does help in downhill compression braking and sports like driving. Fun to drive. Mountain driving is a breeze, reasonable power (for what it is) even with passengers. Good MPG vs power-speed tradeoff. 34+ HWY/26+MPG combined. Good visibility, performance, handling, economy, value.
Cons: Slightly buzzy CVT noise, could be quieter. My interior air fan speed control just stopped working. The stereo unit is okay, Bluetooth is nice, little buggy. I plan to change to a better DVD/GPS stereo unit later. I DO NOT recommend the factory GPS unit at all. 3 salesperson attempts to get directions, all failed, instead she told me it will eventually tell me where the local Home Depot is, LOL. My phone does directions WAY better than the pricey factory upgrade. Could use more storage compartments. Roof rack crossbars should be included but aren't. Buy online from Ebay instead. Hopefully my air fan speed controller will be my only issue.
Overall review: Fun, all around daily driver. If you need more storage or room inside, buy the Outback or Forrester. I preferred the looks, package and value of the XV more.You can put a 9ft surfboard inside easily. My 65lb Boxer dog loves going for rides with the rear seats flat. Doing more fun activities with this car. Would and have recommended to friends. Good AWD performance, good MPG, very good value. Would recommend. Getting much better MPG than my truck has caused me to actually drive more doing more fun outdoor activities is a funny trade off. With my roof rack/cargo box setup I'm looking to do a West Coast tour this Summer. Lifestyle changer? Okay!
Crosstrek by Yinz from Pittsburgh on 03/18/2014. Trim: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The wiper blade deicer, heated seats and mirrors all come standard with the crosstrek, which has been nice to use. The Bluetooth is a nice touch and the fact the vehicle can handle the snow, rain and hills of Pittsburgh with no issues is a big plus. One other bonus is the fact the spare tire is a bit beefier than your normal spare tire and can be utilized either in the front or back of the vehicle. Also, the ride is comfortable and I enjoy every minute in the car.
Cons: Subaru offers a lot of accessories for the Crosstrek which should come standard with the car. So be prepared to spend a little bit to get these accessories, like all weather floor mats, tray for the center console, rear cargo net, and rear seat back protector.
Overall review: I believe the vehicle is a great buy. My family and I have enjoyed every minute of the vehicle and are now big fans of the Subaru brand.
Incredable by JefffromMerrillville on 01/10/2014. Trim: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0i Premium CVT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Snowy start to winter here in Chicago/NW Indiana...I recently moved to NW Indiana last year. I went from 20 miles round trip to work, to 80 miles round trip. Needless to say, driving a 2wd MINI Clubman in 8 inches of snow, does not work. I was turned on to the standard AWD of the Subaru. Once the Crosstrek was released, I traded the MINI in. I was not disappointed the "Sube" was a animal in the snow!!
Cons: I didn't get one sooner
Overall review: Amazing!
2 3 4 5 6  Next