1999 Volkswagen Passat Wagon

1999 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Prices
1999 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Fuel Economy
just an awesome car by VW on 10/13/2010. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: my parents bought the car 11 years ago and now that i have my recently. they gave the car to me. my mom stopped driving it after 6 years, and 4 years later and a new battery, i am able to drive the car. i must say, it is better than most cars that are more recent. with its 6 disc cd player and a much appreciated tape player for tapes connecting to my ipod. the car is amazing, it handles very well and is "zippy" around town. the turbo charged engine is amazing. From the audio to the interior backlights, this car is great.
Cons: it is pricey to maintain if something breaks.
Overall review: i am so glad this car is in our possession. the car is great for storage of larger items. i
Road Trip anyone? by Adventurous and Young from Springfield, MO on 12/08/2006. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car as a "road-trip" car b/c the gas mileage was better than an SUV and lower insurance premiums. I had it for less than a year (just hit a deer & totalled it on our Thanksgiving trip). Three friends and I took this car from Springfield Missouri to all over Wyoming, w/ a few detours on the way back. For four people & lots of gear, we fit great! We were as comfortable as you can be for a nearly 4,000 mi. road trip! The seat and steering column adjustments were very helpful (one friend is very short!) and easy to switch back and forth. For everyday use, this car is really great! Plenty of room (fits 2 full size mount. bikes on their sides w/ backseats folded down).
Cons: Soon after I purchased it I had to have an electronic component replaced (I believe it was some sort of chip). It was a little pricey. Premium gasoline also makes you cringe at the pump, but its still better than an SUV.
Overall review: I love this car!! I will be getting another as soon as my insurance money comes in!!! No SUV can compare to what this stylish wagon has to offer! I will most likely be getting a newer model, however, because the reviews are better.
My Passat Wagon is a great auto. by Sas on 10/12/2006. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Gosh, I love my 99 Passat wagon! Yes, there have been a few repairs, but in general, it has been worth every dime. I have over 118,000 miles on mine and still using the same clutch! I guess not everyone loves their car like I do!
Cons: A little pricey to repair.
Overall review: I love the car.
VW says "Drivers Wanted", I want my money back. by 8 Handicap, Wash DC on 12/13/2005. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Handles okay but not great. Looks good when cleaned up.
Cons: Engine is shot after 100K miles. Burns a qt of oil every 500 miles in town. Changed oil every 3K and engine is still shot. Have stalling issues when turning that we can not get resolved. Have had other mechanical issues that should not occur with German engineering. Terrible noise issue when only one window is open in the back, forcing you to have two windows open. Not great pick up.
Overall review: You can do better than this car. Bought it new and am very disappointed.
The GREAT PASSAT by tleek in MI on 10/11/2004. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Solid, German vehicle with American pricing!
Cons: Seats uncomfortable.
Overall review: Great car - I have 95000 miles on it as original owner - still LOVE driving it.