1999 Volkswagen Passat

1999 Volkswagen Passat Prices
1999 Volkswagen Passat Fuel Economy
Total Junk - Save your money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/08/2004. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 5 years.
Cons: I hate this car - lots of elictrical problems and engine problems. My compnay just offered me a new 2004 Passat GLX and I said I will pay for my own car keep the junk. VW is well aware of all the problems and they have no intention of recalling due to the cost.
Overall review: I hate this car - lots of elictrical problems and engine problems. My compnay just offered me a new 2004 Passat GLX and I said I will pay for my own car keep the junk. VW is well aware of all the problems and they have no intention of recalling due to the cost.
Great Sports Car by Gmeza on 02/06/2011. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat GLS V6, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This car has great acceleration and good handling. This vehicle is very stylish and a pleasure to drive. If you keep up with the routine maintenance you will have no problems with this vehicle. I love the handling of this vehicle I have owned other cars but this one is a keeper. The key is finding a great mechanic that can diagnose without guessing at the problem or changing parts just to see if that will solve the problem. I have had no major complaints about this vehicle you pay for what you get and get what you pay for..
Cons: The maintenance on this particular vehicle is not so inexpensive. You must use premium fuel only or the car will not run smooth and with time more problems will arise from using cheap fuel. Not just any mechanic can work on these vehicles he must have prior experience in VW’s in general otherwise good luck with the bill. Most parts are dealer items only so the price tag is high. These cars have a sealed transmission and the dealer or an authorized VW mechanic is the only one that can service them. That service will run you approximately $475-$525 dollars with fully synthetic oil and filter and is recommended every 100K miles to keep the transmission in optimal running conditions..
Overall review: If you like great sports cars then purchase a German made car just keep in mind routine maintenance is high. Overall the German cars are great driving vehicles that can last a long time if you keep up with them.
Enthusiast
Amazing Car by Vdubbbin on 07/26/2012. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat GLS V6.
Pros: Everything
Cons: it doesnt have 300 hp
Overall review: This car is pretty cool looking and it never breaks if you are a normal person and you know how to maitnance the car and not be like some of the other idiots on the review, you will fall inlove with the Passat!
VW-passat WOW by skaterboy from seattle WA on 05/19/2010. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i have the turbo stock model so i of course lean twards it but i have driven the non turbo model it is no where near as fun or peppy i have an automatic and i dnt like automatics but this is 1 tht i do it has the strait-shift option 4 sprot performance it also has great handleing i use mine for drifting and i never drifted so smoothly in a frontwheel drive automatic 4 door CRAZY FUN
Cons: its a 4-door auto :(
Overall review: great in almost every aspect
Loved the 99 Passat by Former BMW Owner on 08/22/2005. Trim: 1999 Volkswagen Passat GLS V6, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought the Passat after having owned two BMW 528's and could not afford to replace the second at the time. The Passat felt like the next best choice for the price. I loved the distinctive styling. The handling was very German, much like the BMW. I don't think I would have liked it as much if I had not bought the V6.
Cons: In the interior, some of the plastic parts did not wear well. Again, given the price, I was not too upset about this.
Overall review: The Passat has run well and will be kept as a family car for the teenagers. The service has also been terrific. If I were to make a completely rational decision about my next car, I would buy another Passat. As my decision is not completely rational, and partly emotional, I will be heading back for another BMW. I know I will miss the service....