2000 Toyota Tacoma

Best Truck!! by TylerShane17 on 01/05/2012. Trim: 2000 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab V6 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage!!! Toyota did a great job at designing this truck!! No problems so far with 153,000 miles on it!
Cons: Perfect Truck!
Overall review: I'm really glad I bought this truck, it has great gas mileage, handling and the 4 wheel drive is beast!
Never needed more by Ray from Horsepasture on 04/19/2008. Trim: 2000 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab V6 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Superb handling (per my car-nut buddies), great in Michigan snow and Outer Banks sand, very comfortable seats, starts every time, after eight years it and 160K miles it still looks good with only one bath a year, V6 is well-matched to the 5-speed trans, and can easily surprise Virginia rednecks when needed
Cons: no clock, at 140K, the check engine light came one, so I took it into the dealer who told me I needed to replace the airflow sensor, which I read is pretty common failure (90 dollar part and put it in myself,), passenger seat rattles on rough roads, oil filter could be easier to access
Overall review: Best vehicle I've ever owned. Replaced a 96 GMC that at 60K had become an expired-warranty garage queen. In the six years I've owned it (bought it used), it has NEVER failed me. I do wish the new Tacoma's were smaller, but if gas hits $5, maybe they'll get small again so I can update to a truck with a clock. Until then, I'll just keep on passing those gas stations.
TRD on the side stands for TERD.....yota by Steve K. in Lynchburg, Virginia on 02/16/2008. Trim: 2000 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Easy to troubleshoot problems. Good thing..........
Cons: JUNK..... 43k on truck. 2.7 auto 200 dollars for one fuel injector and I use Chevron gas always and use fuel injector cleaners obout once every 6 weeks in all my vehicles. 250 dollars for an oxygen sensor. Come on now. Eats tires like crazy. no one can figuire this out. Not the tire stores or toyota. Gas milage could be better for a 4 banger 16/24 Piston slap on cold mornings, sounds like it's going to blow until they swell up. Cheap thin metal body panels. A bug will give you a dent. Tailgate is really bad, go figure. Changing the oil filter is a real pain and so is changing the fuel filter.
Overall review: TRD on the side stands for TERD.....yota
truck like mine by what have I done from SA TX on 09/23/2001. Trim: 2000 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Xtracab V6 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: not too big for pickup needs, but also not too small or powerless with the V6 engine
Cons: afraid to turn too quickly it feels like its going to topple over d/t its high center of gravity; also rear wheels spin on wet road; plenty bumpy on regular street without getting off-road;
Overall review: I wanted to trade it in for a car the first week I had it, :(
Review ID: #208073 Is this review offensive?
All around good truck. by Duck, NW Oregon. on 08/24/2001. Trim: 2000 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab V6 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Toyota's excelant track record
Cons: The throttle peddle is very uncomfortable. You have to lay your foot on it's side to work it.
Overall review: 1. I had a minor problem with a factory add-on cruse control that gave me an "CHECK ENGINE" light when I would turn off the overdrive going up hill. 2. Transmission downshifts from third to second before it shifts out of overdrive, kinda weird! 3. V6 has plenty of power.
Review ID: #199684 Is this review offensive?