1992 BMW 5-Series

1992 BMW 5-Series pictures are not available
1992 BMW 5-Series Prices
1992 BMW 5-Series Fuel Economy
Like a Tank - Safe and Reliable! by California Girl on 06/20/2010. Trim: 1992 BMW 535i (auto), Owned 5 years.
Pros: Too many things to list! It has a lot of power and has no trouble with hills whether gradual or steep. It has messages for everything from lights needing to be replaced to the temp outside if it causes a driving risk. Power everything - windows, seats, locks, and even headrests! Dual air conditioning and heating controls. This car is heavy duty and very safe. I have owned this car for over 5 years. It has nearly 240,000 milies on it and keeps on going - I love it!
Cons: My main complaint is that it doesn't have cup holders. However, I did purchase one that fits right between the two front seats so that was an easy fix. Oh, yeah, the battery being under the back seat is a bit of an inconvenience when trying to help someone else to jump their car. Heated seats would be nice but the car might be too old for that. It doesn't get great gas mileage but it has a bigger engine, so that makes sense.
Overall review: This is a great car! All BMWs are very safe but because of the weight this one, it is extremely safe. It would be a perfect car for a new driver. Don't let high miles scare you. To a BMW, 250K is like 100K.
True Player for real! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/19/2008. Trim: 1992 BMW 525i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the fact that after 16 years, this car still looks current and as attractive as the newer luxury vehicles. Styling is/was timeless. I think it's pretty cool that a vehicle that sold for 42k is now about 38k cheaper, and just as nice as the new 525's. To me that is.
Cons: Hmm... Nothing really. There is not much to dislike about a car this nice that can be had for under 4k.
Overall review: The BMW 525i is a very nice machine, a true classic. If you can find one in good condition, I would definitely recommend buying one and bringing it back to life. Body styling is impeccable, interior well put together and has lasted, which is a result of the quality put into the initial manufacturing of the vehicle. I bought mine with 150k miles on it, I also own a 2007 Nissan Altima, and my Altima stays parked. This car definitely turns heads, even still. I would recommend finding and befriending a reputable BMW service technician, it will save you thousands if you're not a technical person. My tech helps me out on the side, but the good thing is I have yet to have to go to him for anything other than an oil change. Very reliable and just a cool car. Made for a player. Also, buy the Bentley E34 manual, if you are a do it yourself-er. That should save you alot of money as well as parts are not super expensive despite what people say.
Best Automobile Ever Owned by Autobahn Oz on 02/13/2007. Trim: 1992 BMW 535i (auto), Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Performance & handling soul of BMW 535i. Purchased new in 1992 Frankfurt Germany. Auto lowered IAW German law. 235/45/17s & 255/40/17s hugs & grabs road at 165 mph even in the Autobahn curves. Ride very smooth & controlled. No governor on 92 Beemer as other models (factory in-line 6), cruised past 530s & 540s w/o effort on top end. Driven in Germany from 1992 until 2000, a great performer & mean looker (Alpina White/Blue Int) special rims from Northern Germany firm. Deep dish NASCAR wheels. Believe the 1990s 535i’s will keep their place in history like 635 series. Overall appearance of car is refined & understated, timeless really. BMWs for life, like Chrysler 300m & Dodge Viper.
Cons: Parts expensive, however, have work done at the Beemer Place and also Euro Auto (pro athletes take their cars here) and their labor is far cheaper than the BMW dealerships and other reputable auto shops you are more than just a rich number. Work guaranteed without dispute.
Overall review: Is outstanding performance vehicle with super looks and I have 190,000 miles in 14 years. Oil usage was normal. Only problem ever had is now I have to replace the engine with a Bavarian Engine Exchange motor with MaxSil™ teflon coated pistons, Sealed Power piston rings, and a 5 year portable warranty with labor coverage. Engine misses and I do not want to have new/old parts working against one another. BTW, saw new Rolls, Lexus, Mercs and others broken down on the roads, chance can get us all. Learned from German friend that owned BMW franchise to never buy a new Beemer again, Cert Pre-Owned w/warranty is the way to go. Great car for short and long hauls on any road. Attended the European defensive driving course and power driving the vehicle is a great feeling. I love my Beemer
BMW 525i-MAN by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/29/2006. Trim: 1992 BMW 525i, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the way it handles.
Cons: That it takes premium gas.
Overall review: This car is a beauty and I recommend buying it.
My Ultimate 5 Series Driving Machine by Dave from Little Rock on 12/29/2000. Trim: 1992 BMW 525i, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Looks, handles and performs just like it did new. Extended warranty did come in handy, as there were a few costly repairs (air conditioner compressor, water pump, clutch) over 8 yrs that were covered. Otherwise, a perfect car.
Cons: Front seats are too hard. After 2 hours, I have to stop and get out because my rear end is sore. I thought it would get better after a break in period, but the seats are still the same. My wife says the same thing.
Overall review: Great vehicle. Fun to drive. Plan to keep it another 80,000 miles, minimum. A great investment.