2014 Kia Soul

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
great daily driver by mid 40s (professional) male, South-East USA on 11/05/2013. Trim: 2014 Kia Soul Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Test drove both the 2013 and 2014. The difference is night and day. I picked up the 2014 base model (1.6L engine, 6 speed automatic). The 2014 looks more like a mini cooper inside. Nice dash control and radio layout. Engine and road noise is almost non-existent while cruising. Filled her up with premium pure gas (non-ethanol) and am getting 28-31 mpg in city driving. On country roads (50 - 60 mph with occasional red lights) she got 39-42 mpg. Vehicle only has 500 miles on the odo at this time. The rear seats are also larger and comfortable. The seats are also positioned higher up than in a typical small car. It is much easier to get in and out of the Soul compared to a typical small car.
Cons: The 2014 still has a jittery ride. It seems one can feel road roughness even when the road looks even. On the other hand the stiff suspension provides good cornering ability.
Overall review: The new Soul is a good all around car (daily driver with the occasional long distance trips). With the rear seats folded one can have ample cargo capacity. If you need a car to go to work, pickup groceries or kids from school consider the Kia Soul. FYI: I also considered the Jeep Compass and Ford Escape as well. Neither of the two vehicles have the comfort or features the little Kia has.
This car is a great value by Tom on 12/18/2013. Trim: 2014 Kia Soul +, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It rides well in good road conditions. It's very comfortable for a smaller vehicle, considering my wife and I are both on the larger side. It has an amazing high level of features and technology for a car at this price point. It's easy to get into and out of.
Cons: I suppose it's a short wheel base or weight issue, but it is a lot of work to drive this car in bad weather, or on less than ideal roads. It seems hard to keep it pointed in a straight line. The vision lines out the back and to the rears sides is poor.
Overall review: I mostly like this car. It is fun to drive, and the slightly higher profile makes it easier to get in and out of, and gives you a little better view of the road
Best vehicle by Don from Cochabamba Bolivia on 10/22/2013. Trim: 2014 Kia Soul +, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Virtually repair free. I purchased my 2012 KIA Soul in Cochabamba Bolivia and it has been trouble free. It has enough power to get from Cochabamba 8,000 feet to Copacabana 16,000 Feet.
Cons: None
Overall review: I would recommend to anyone who wants a very good very stylish auto
Test Driver
2014 Great Transfromation & Cool, Soulful ride by CITS on 11/19/2013. Trim: 2014 Kia Soul +.
Pros: Styling, functional, great space for small vehicle with a pleasant ride, with good handling and quite quiet. Nice quality interior. Spunky, fun to drive. Did not feel cheap. (big compliment for such a small vehicle)
Cons: Brakes maybe a bit sensitive.
Overall review: Drove the 2013 & 2014 back to back. Both Plus + with no extra packages, standard 17" wheels. 2014 huge improvement over the 2013. Much smoother ride (2013 bad), & better ride than compact cars I tried, (Chevy Sonic, Nissa Sentra...). Fairly quiet & responsive enough on uphill freeway on-ramp. Brakes very good, maybe a bit sensitive but can do smooth stops. I did not get to try it on twisty roads, but did not notice any body lean on turns in town. Steering felt precise. Interior very nice with padded dash, nice comfy seats, sitting position good for short person, tons of head room. Easy ingress, egress. Am waiting for dealers to get the Exclaim ! trim in. After driving several vehicles have decided on the Soul. (Subaru, Chevy, Nissan, Hyundai, Mini Countryman... I would NOT consider the 2013 Soul due to the ride, noise AND engine-back off the gas on the freeway & it really sucked back. 2014 engine is tweaked differently and much better.
You can go with This!.... by Kat in the Sun on 04/04/2014. Trim: 2014 Kia Soul, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Most everything! Styling, design, color - Titan Grey, seat height, room & comfort - better than Honda CRV and Toyota Rav4 I test drove. Very roomy inside and easy to enter and exit - good for back issues. Sit higher so better view of road than in a sedan. Love the usb and charging ports. Blutooth was easy to setup. Love it for my music, audio books, and phone. Love the two-tone color interior. Colors and layout look very upscale. It is a fun vehicle to drive! Hugs the road & great turns on curvy roads. People are always asking me about my vehicle and telling me how great it looks and how much they want one! I have even played the 'Old School Rap' song when stopped at a red light! LOL
Cons: Miss the CD Player. Would like more storage in back - forget trips to Costco. Although I did fit a 40 inch TV inside the vehicle! :-) I would prefer a compass over the temp - I have that on my phone. Agree with other reviewers about the need for more power - especially on freeways. Side cup holders are pretty small. I found out after I purchased my vehicle the tires are filled wth Nitrogen - not air. They do not recommend mixing air with nitrogen, so no stopping at the gas station if they are running low. Guess I have to take vehicle to dealership. No spare tire - not even a donut! You get a tire repair kit instead. Not really liking that. Probably will get spare tire for trips.
Overall review: Love, Love, Love my Soul. Keep getting emails and letters from the dealership to trade it in, but no thanks. I am keeping this baby! Researched and test drove several vehicles before I found this gem. Got a great deal as well in Nov '13 on the 2014 Soul - right off the 'delivery truck'. Very happy with my decision. Have 6 other friends who have Souls as well. Also comes with a great warranty, which factored into my decision (60 months/60,000 miles). If you are looking for a small crossover type vehicle and can't decide or don't want to pay 30k for a small/cramped suv - with a shorter warranty - give this vehicle a try. You will fall in love with it.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next