2000 Toyota Corolla

2000 Toyota Corolla Prices
2000 Toyota Corolla Fuel Economy
Best Small Car Around! by Franklin on 12/02/2011. Trim: 2000 Toyota Corolla CE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Dependable
Cons: Good used ones are hard to find - too many miles!
Overall review: Great for what it is..
Less Maintenance by Mitzi from Minneapolis/St. Paul on 04/02/2009. Trim: 2000 Toyota Corolla LE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the long distant trips. It feels like I am gliding. I do the recommened maintenance and I have never had any thing go wrong. All of my children have toyotas. They last forever.
Cons: I have a v6 and I do not get the gas mileage I thought I would. I get 27 miles per gallon. Next time I would buy a smaller engine.
Overall review: I love the way it starts right off at -20 in the winter. When my friends are calling for a jump start my car is going. It has plenty of trunk space and leg room. I love my sun roof on the warm days. Everything is at my finger tips.
Reliable little run around by A CarPoint Consumer on 08/11/2001. Trim: 2000 Toyota Corolla VE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good small family car, reliable and economic.
Cons: Rear visabilty could be improved
Overall review: A nice little car for run around town driving.
Review ID: #196237 Is this review offensive?
Very Economical by Al on 08/19/2009. Trim: 2000 Toyota Corolla VE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Very reliable, very economical, +33 mpg, long lasting material, adequate trunk space, easy controls, excellent Air Conditioner, ride
Cons: poor acceleration, poor handling (specially in snow), uncomfortable seats, small leg room, old-fashioned styling, power windows and locks are options
Overall review: This car has been very economical for me and i have only spent money on gas and oil changes so far. Also the insurance is very cheap even though i'm under 21 years old. The material used in this car may look really cheap and plain but they are pretty tough and don't break easy. The ride is pretty comfortable and very soft so it handles bumps and potholes pretty well. Seating is tight and hard and extremely uncomfortable. Performance wise the acceleration is poor and requires you to floor the gas if you want to merge and causes the 4 banger to whine loudly. It's light weight and poor rear visibility doesn't inspire confidence at all. Small wheels skid off the ramps and curves if your not slow or careful. Even though this is a FWD car it handles pretty bad in snow and rain even with snow tires. Only buy this car if you want something economical with low maintainability because this car is certainly not sporty or luxurious nor is it a blast to drive. Better choice than the 1.6L civic tho.
Review ID: #542037 Is this review offensive?
Burns oil by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/23/2009. Trim: 2000 Toyota Corolla CE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good gas mileage - if you drive the way you should to achieve it. It's a basic car. No bells and whistles.
Cons: Anyone buying a used corolla from roughly 1998 - 2003 should know that many of these cars burn oil (I guess it's the "8th generation" Toyota that had this problem due to Toyota using cheap rings). Watch the oil very closely (every 400 miles) for at least the first 3 months and frankly, I'd check it every 1,000 miles for at least a year. If the oil burning isn't too bad (1 qt every 800 miles) you can likely live with it - just watch it closely because mine fluctuates quite a bit (from 1 qt ever 600 miles to 1 qt every 1200 miles). I've read many comments and there isn't an easy fix. Back seat has no leg room - which for many, isn't a problem if you rarely have passengers in the back.
Overall review: If it weren't for the oil burning problem, I'd likely be fairly happy, although my brother's a mechanic and does the work, which means I'm happier than I would be if I was paying a lot more for the repairs. The 8th generation Toyota Corolla is well known for burning oil (some cars don't, but enough do!) and from reading bulletin boards, it's not easy (or cheap) to fix (and expensive attempts to fix the problem are often unsuccessful). So far, I'm living with the oil burning; I'm just keeping my fingers cross that it doesn't get any worse. Gas mileage is great.