2013 Kia Optima Hybrid

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid Prices
2013 Kia Optima Hybrid Fuel Economy
Kia Optima Hybrid 2013 EX The best of both worlds by sangela on 12/15/2013. Trim: 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My first hybrid, purchased in July 2013, just turned over 10K on the odometer. Absolutely trouble free so far and a really nice ride. I"m super happy with it! It's comfortable, definitely enough power to merge smoothly on the freeway and a comfortable, quiet cabin. I"m filling up once a week now, which is a nice change from my other car (which I liked a lot, but I was filling up 2-3 times a week on average). It cost more than the gas equipped model, but I"m saving over $200 a month on gas, which makes up for the higher car payment. I also LOVE the "bells and whistles"...Cooled AND heated seats, heated steering wheel, great sound system.
Cons: Occasional lag in acceleration, seems like it gets confused on whether it wants to use gas or electric power. However, it's not a common occurence at all, and it quickly corrects itself. The voice command system is finicky, sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't understand me, a bit annoying, but it's not a big deal. I think I need to take the time and go over the directions and see if I can figure out what's going on.
Overall review: Overall, it's a wonderful car, I"m very happy with it and for the amount of driving I do it's a great value for the money. Comfortable, fast and I love all the extras. Makes life much better when you spend most of the day behind the wheel. It also LOOKS really good! I"ve hesitated over the years to get a hybrid as they look so boring (and drive so boring), but this car has the best of both worlds in my opinion!
Competitive Hybrid by dan237 on 12/09/2013. Trim: 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great exterior appearance, interior comfort, handling, performance. Navigation screen is easy to work with.
Cons: Mainly minor issues - Voice activation a bit awkward, Bluetooth phone sync drops periodically, brake assist can be over-reactive, lighting on steering wheel mounted controls a bit dim, hard plastics around the console area, automatic light sensors need a bit more sensitivity.
Overall review: You don't know you are driving a hybrid. The main attraction is torque and the 6 speed transmission, providing for a seamless transition from electric to gas. The mileage is on par with EPA estimates, but it must be driven as a hybrid (smooth and steady). Driven with confidence through 2 snowstorms. Great value for the money, as long as the electric motor and lithium polymer battery hold up- though kia offers a generous warranty.
Test Driver
Good car by Jerry in Oak Harbor, WA on 07/01/2014. Trim: 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid EX.
Pros: Mileage 42-43 miles per gallon on road trips. I get gas once a month now. Rear camera is great. GPS is wonderful too.
Cons: Smaller trunk
Overall review: Great.
A great car! by Hybrid Bob on 06/18/2014. Trim: 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great fuel mileage combined with good performance. I have had many compliments about the appearance. I have just passed the 15,000 mile mark and have not had one problem, Plus we are blessed with an excellent KIA dealer here in Yuma, AZ
Cons: Passenger seat could be higher, No other suggestions
Overall review: I am 83 years old and have had 42 cars. This KIA optima Hybrid is without a doubt the best of all
Great car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/26/2013. Trim: 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: everything well made car
Overall review: none