2014 Chevrolet Sonic

A Great Value in a Small Car, if the looks appeal to you. by JIM in Philly on 11/19/2013. Trim: 2014 Chevrolet Sonic LT Auto Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like everything about this vehicle, except it's slightly underpowered, and even that doesn't matter for me because I am a conservative driver and do all my driving in the city, where it's just "race to the red light". I especially like the digital speedometer, which is much easier to read that the usual speedometers. And the audio display screen is very user-friendly. And the climate control buttons are huge and easy to use. Seats are supportive and just the right firmness. Plenty of headroom.
Cons: As I said, the engine is adequate but not powerful. And the thick roof pillars sometime impede visibility.
Overall review: I test drove a Honda Fit and found the Sonic to be better looking (although that's a matter of taste) and it simply seemed more solidly built than the Fit, which seemed flimsy by comparison. And the Sonic with all the bells and whistles was available immediately & only $400 more than a stripped-down Fit that I would have had to wait weeks for. Time will tell about reliability, but the Sonic comes with a pretty decent warranty and free inspections and oil changes.
Chevy has done it. by Sonic Boom on 12/19/2013. Trim: 2014 Chevrolet Sonic LT Auto Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The turbo engine - 6 speed automatic is brilliant! Best fuel economy I have ever had. 25/35 real world mileage. By far most room in 20k$ class. Styling is better than any other in class and finish - though plasticy and misplaced in some parts - is not any different than our 2011 Honda civic. The only other option in this level car is Honda Fit . I was out the door for $20,000 for a loaded LT turbo with just about every gadget. A $20,000 Fit would have been a stripped 100 horsepower box that appears more like a Saltasaraus' head (vegetarian Dinosaur) with each removed feature! No choice for me - even if residual value is not the same - which remains to be seen.
Cons: Do not buy 15 inch rims! Wobbly and feels unsteady. Replaced with 17 inch rims and tires (available at Chevy as well) - car became epic to drive - ride and handling. 1.8L without turbo is a slug...and less gas mileage. This vehicle has 3 interior color choices. A burnt orange combo, a dove grey combo and black. They are all ugly-ish. On reason buyers overlook this brand and go to Fiat and other badges who seem to have artitsts involved. Car has also developed a few rattles and is only 4 months old - but again - our Civic is no different. One more important note: DO NOT BUY the leatherette interior package on any model!!! There is an awful rotten fish smell from it. It will not go away.
Overall review: Chevy put all their eggs into this basket- hoping to make the new Aveo(Sonic) their golden goose into small car redemption. I believe they have done it. Bang for buck, room for room and feature for dollar - nothing even close to this little monster car. And it is an IIHS top safety pick as well. We will see longevity and resale values - but today, now - I am driving a cool car and not the only other comp - a prehistoric hatchling!
Zip-Zip-Zippy by Over the H3 Pass daily on 11/26/2013. Trim: 2014 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ Auto Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: a. Style b. Power of the tubro c. Car hugs the ground in the curves d. Great sound system for a small car e. Leather seats are top notch better than the Cruze f. Back seats are very comfortable
Cons: a. Make the seat just a bit wider for the driver b. The car is a little noisey on older/rough roads. Add a noise dampening sheet to the floor for better sound proofing c. Needs a self-dimming rear view mirror, dont like the cheap flip type
Overall review: Great little commuter car with a lot of style
Chevy Sonic LS "Worth the Money"! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/11/2013. Trim: 2014 Chevrolet Sonic LS Manual Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Sonic LS Hatchback is sporty looking with passenger-doors blended in to look sharp. The Gas Mileage is higher than the what the sticker claims at 27 MPG City and 30 MPG Highway,, 30 MPG combined. My car has never obtained less than 37 MPG using regular gas. My Average MPG is 37.5. The manual transmission is fun to drive.
Cons: The cup holders should be moved closer to the dash board. The car is a little uncomfortable; however, the ride is phenomenal.
Overall review: The dealership is great and I love my Sonic Hatchback. I rate it an 8, only because I have the least expensive model. The bang for the buck is exceptional.
Great car for money by Ted on 02/17/2014. Trim: 2014 Chevrolet Sonic LT Auto Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Owned a 2008 Honda Fit and l did not like the new styles when i went looking for a new car but it was love at first sight when I saw an Ashen Grey 2014 LT Sonic at my local Chevy dealership.. Gas mileage is wonderfull avg. 35 around town and 40+ on the highway. would recommend this car to friends. Love the pep better than my old Honda
Cons: no need to place rear shelf in car no need for it
Overall review: give a 9.5-10 for quality