2014 Volkswagen Passat

great mileage by Michel on 11/01/2013. Trim: 2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have thr TDI Passat, and my daily commute is 55 highway miles each way, with the stickshift passat I get 48 MPG average
Cons: slight windnoise above 75 MPG around the window trim, I now have 7K miles on the car and the yellow check engine light has come on 3 times, after every restart the light goes off on its own. VM Mossy Escondido where I purchased the car says its likely a harmless emission sensor issue which they will look at when I bring in the car for service at 10K. Overall I am quite pleased with the TDI passat.
Overall review: If kept below 75 MPH fuel economy is great, above 75MPH it will go down fast
Best combination (ride, roominess and efficiency) by Hal Airville PA on 12/27/2013. Trim: 2014 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Have driven this vehicle for two years and have always averaged over 45mpg in all types of driving. Seems to do best on hilly country roads. Once got 60 mpg from Chilhowie VA to Fort Bragg SC. Expect to buy another one in 2015 this one is a 2012. All I do is buy the fuel. The dealer does the rest fo 3 yrs.
Cons: I don't get to tinker with anything. Never even added air to the tires. It has a little more road noise than the Buick Enclave I traded.
Overall review: I am a retired aerospace engineer who has owned over 200 cars this is one of the best. Be the Good Lord willing I'll own another one.
money well spent by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/24/2013. Trim: 2014 Volkswagen Passat 2.5L Wolfsburg Edition (Discontinued), Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: timeless styling, large real person room including rear seat, commodious trunk, new gas powertrain with direct injection turbo charged engine and 6 speed transmission, can be purchased without all of the superfluous toys. goes about its job with no nonsense German efficiency.
Cons: It could use a few more creature comforts.
Overall review: the title " noble steed" comes to mind in this review. from the flawless silver paint to the telescoping steering wheel, you just know there isn`t any room for buyers remorse. the execution of the final product fulfills the design promise. By comparison, many " gotta have" new car ravings seem almost silly!
v.w. does not honor their warranty by High Revver from NJ. on 01/09/2014. Trim: 2014 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: a car is only as good as the company behind it.
Cons: i leased 2012 passat v6 sel two years ago and I liked almost everything about the car. About two weeks ago I noticed 2 small tears on the side of he seat. iwas told that the seats were leather,the sticker says leather seats, but when i examined the material it was cloth backed vinyl ,and a very flimsy material. when i brought this to my dealers attention, he told me that v.w. would not honor the warranty and that I would heve to have repaired at my own expense. if a manufacturer treats a cusromer like that they lose him. They lost me for life. I would not reccomend any product that involves Volkswagen and would suggest you stay as far away as possible from any of their products.
Overall review: terrible customer service. unheard of in this day and age.
A great engine, transmission, ride, and mpg all in the same package by Dan in Pensacola, FL on 12/16/2013. Trim: 2014 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T SEL Premium, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Leather seats, ride, acceleration, 18" wheels, Fender sound system.
Cons: Trunk is shallow.
Overall review: Some might say the Passat isn't stylish enough but I look at it like a "man in a suit" and they always look good. The new 1.8 Turbo runs great and on regular gas and doesn’t call for premium fuel like the 2.0T did. I have been surprised by how good my gas mileage has been. On my first two trips across town and back with no highway miles I averaged 30.8 mpg on my first round trip and 32.7 mpg on my first commute across town to work. I previously had on 2012 Focus Titanium which averaged 29.7 mpg on the same runs as above so I am very impressed with the mpg from the new 1.8T engine. I’ve seen various 0-60 times published in different articles but based on my experience they are nowhere near accurate has this engine gets up and goes. I love the fact now that I can both have a car larger than a subcompact and still get great gas mileage without running on diesel or a battery pack. A great engine, transmission, ride, room, and excellent mpg all in the same package.