2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK

"Quality Package Nicely Wrapped" by Wyoming Cowboy G46 on 03/21/2014. Trim: 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK GLK250 BlueTEC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We own the 2014 GLK 250 (bi-turbo diesel) - this vehicle is impeccably crafted and very well designed for our use...the GLK handling is a pleasant surprise, performance is outstanding, fuel economy is terrific and we would recommend if your considering purchasing a AWD this size; and quality and economy is more a priority than price.
Cons: We wish that M-B had offered a remote vehicle starter system as either standard or optional equipment for the GLK
Overall review: This is a superbly designed, understated vehicle that will not disappoint the discriminating buyer! We test drove the GLK and several other similar size brands and there was no doubt in our minds this one had the quality we expected. Our M-B dealership general manager and his staff are very professional and represent their product very well.
The Just right ride! by Carl on 04/18/2014. Trim: 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK GLK350, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable, great pick-up, excellent gas consumption
Cons: The economy setting takes some getting used to.
Overall review: Excellent ride, solid feel, nimble for an SUV, Would definately recommend.
Zip around in comfort by PL of Texas on 04/08/2014. Trim: 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK GLK350, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Compact but very comfortable. The GLK 350 has a powerful engine with excellent gas mileage. In economy mode, the engine may turn off at stops, but restart is smooth and quiet. The engine won't shut off unless the cabin is near set temperature, and the fan will maintain cabin comfort at stops. I get 23 mpg in mostly city driving, and if I catch a few green lights it can be 27 mpg. The GLK comes with substantial safety features, rides smoothly and is responsive. I got the Harman Kardon sound system and sun roofs. With the bluetooth radio connected to my iPhone phone calls are hands free and the far end cannot tell they're on "speakerphone." A very nice ride. Sporty yet comfortable.
Cons: Storage space behind the rear seats is limited - but my golf clubs barely fit. The front curled edge of the hood is thin and may be susceptible to slight dents from closing the hood with too much gusto.
Overall review: Compared to most other Mercedes vehicles, the GLK 350 has a more affordable price and comes with excellent quality. Right now this model is built in Germany rather than the USA. Comfortable and fairly quiet on the road with good ride and handling. Seven speed auto provides excellent fuel economy. Solid construction, smooth power, comfortable and responsive.
Everyone should own a diesel SUV! by Rick from Silicon Valley on 03/21/2014. Trim: 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK GLK250 BlueTEC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The GLK Bluetec is a great compact SUV. Seats fold down for good interior space, and the diesel gets close to 38 mpg on freeway driving, and I am averaging 31 mpg back and forth to work! Amazing! Engine performance very smooth with 7 speed transmission. 4Matic is standard with the Bluetec trim. Very good value.
Cons: So far, nothing! Driven 5,000 enjoyable miles.
Overall review: I was looking for a compact SUV to replace my Ford Escape. I did not like the new design of the Escape, and I never liked the gas mileage. Typical 16-18 mpg but with just a "car" size fuel tank. However, I wanted to carry the same amount or more of cargo (skiis, bikes, etc.) on the inside, get 4 wheel drive, and get 30+ mpg. I thought this spec was not possible at or around $40-45K. Turns out, the Mercedes GLK 250 Bluetec is the answer. I recently drove from Silicon Valley to Lake Tahoe to ski, and round trip I did not have to fill up the tank - had gas to spare! The effective highway range is about 600 miles, and in town around 400-450 miles between fill ups. You don't know you are driving a diesel thanks to the super smooth 7 speed transmission and twin turbos they have on this engine. The standard trim has most things you need, I did not get the nav or premium package, but did get the LED headlights and premium sound package.
Great & versatile Sport-Ute by Roc from NY on 09/16/2014. Trim: 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK GLK250 BlueTEC, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: GLK 250 Diesel-Premium 1 package w/ heated seats, Parktronic, Keyless-Go and Harmon Kardon sound sys. The feature whereby side mirrors dip down when veh. is in reverse makes backing out of driveway & parallel parking a breeze. Electronic rear liftgate also convienent. 26 mpg. around town-easily avg's 30+ mpg's on Hwy.
Cons: With Panoramic sunroof-the two shades open at same time. So, if Driver wants sun-but rear passengers don't-you've got a problem. Also, you can't tilt the front sunroof open & have shade slightly ajar at same time (I often do this in my veh's to keep interior cooler in summer when parked). In addition, the shades are thin fabric (to allow them to "roll up" when opening or closing) they do prevent sunlight from entering cabin when closed, but when spots develop on the glass sun roofs-let's say after rain or bird poop-you'll notice the shadows of the droplets/poop through the thin shades. Deal breaker? No. But if I realized, might of opted for reg. sunroof if avail. Brakes bit mushy.
Overall review: Two months in with 1K miles & this SUV is everything I expected. Rock solid MB quality & terrific fit & finish. I did the European Delivery program which I would highly reccomend if you plan on goin to Europe.