2014 Lexus IS

An excellent choice for those wanting performance and ride quality. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/07/2013. Trim: 2014 Lexus IS 250 RWD F SPORT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent fit & finish. Quiet, no wind noise. Firm handling, planted in the curves. Very good visibility. Confortable seats. 2.5 v6 is adequate. Mileage is very good. Trunk space is good. Rear seat room and size is comfortable. Navigation system is quite good, and easy to operate.
Cons: The vehicle abounds with technical features and settings. The owners manual is not clear in changing the multitude of settings, configurations and applications. The F sport interior is good, but would be tight for a person of size.
Overall review: Excellent choice for drivers wanting a great handling car and a reputation for quality and reliability.
Test Driver
My next car! by avgjoe on 12/03/2013. Trim: 2014 Lexus IS 250 RWD F SPORT.
Pros: I vehicle is fun to drive and looks great. I am glade to see a change in the body and it handles much better.
Cons: None. It is great for this size sports car.
Overall review: I really like the car. I think it looks great and is fun to drive. I can see why they say it is better then the BMW 335.
My first Lexus! by Seattle IS350 on 10/30/2013. Trim: 2014 Lexus IS 350 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable, sporty handling, tons of power, great traction (AWD), and fantastic looks. The car is awesome! I get compliments everywhere I go. The navigation and Enform took a bit of getting used to, but I learned it very quickly and now it's quite handy. Dealing with my local dealership (Lexus of Seattle) is always a pleasure. This is, thus far, the best car and ownership experience I've ever had.
Cons: My only complaint is that the fog lights are not LED like the headlights and DRLs. I don't use the fog lights because they look yellow and out of place with the other lights being so white in color.
Overall review: As I already stated, this is the best car and experience I've ever had. I test drove the new BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C Class, but liked the Lexus much more. No regrets on my purchase, and I highly recommend this vehicle to others. Just be sure to get the 350 if you want to partake in spirited driving (the 250 is sufficient, but the 350 is in another league).
Great Handle inner city perfection by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/28/2013. Trim: 2014 Lexus IS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: quick with stability for inner city driving and all its highway trash, great sound system and the "mouse" is not an issue but a pleasure. Great looking car, bigger then it looks inside.
Overall review: makes the drive in the inner city rush hour a whole lot easier to deal with
Car is not as good as previous model by Sheryl on 10/25/2013. Trim: 2014 Lexus IS 250 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The seat is very comfortable. I love the blind spot monitor. The stereo is much better than the previous model. The car looks great too.
Cons: The acceleration is terrible. I have been driving the IS 250 for 6 years and the 2014 model has terrible pickup compared to the prior models. I have to press very hard on the gas pedal to get the car to move. I find I have to keep the car in Sport mode just to get the extra acceleration. The sport mode makes the car very stiff and it doesn't feel like a luxury car.
Overall review: Overall, I would not recommend this car. Instead, I would spend the extra money and go for the IS 350. I tried to exchange the car after driving it for one week but the cost to get out of the lease was way too expensive. Unfortunately, I rushed into getting this car and I should have done a more thorough test drive.