2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid

Great Job Ford!! by DrivingMissTerrie on 12/20/2013. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Gas Mileage, quality, room, features/options, fun, solid drive and handling
Cons: bit noisy on rough/gravel roads
Overall review: I've owned this car for about 2 months and just cant believe what a neat car it is, I got one that had all the bells and whistles. Ford just did a great job putting this car together. It has been sub freezing but, I still got around 44 mpg. Temp was 60 today I drove to a near by town (30 miles round trip) I got 50 mpg on the way in and 57.5 on the way back, I was stunned, to say the least! I was told to expect 43 and some reviews (Consumer Reports?) say they couldn't get better than 37? Well beyond that great mpg, its also a just a great car. The breaks are bit jerky, but once you learn to "light foot" them, they are just fine. The hybrid system is near flawless, you can't feel the gas motor cutting in and cutting out. Road noise is a bit loud from the hybrid tires on rough or gravel roads. I came out of a Cadillac Deville and this is a lot smaller, but has the fit and finish of the Cadillac and good room on the inside. This is a nice, neat, and well organized car. (Loc: TN)
Beats my 2011 Cadilac CTS by Jimbo in Sebastopol CA on 01/15/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: More power, interior comfort, less wind noise with windows down etc. Great freeway drive. 500 miles at 70 mph or greater it got 41 to 43 mpg.
Cons: Expensive
Overall review: I also own a Prius. The C Max is better.
Ford C Max is a great Car!! by Randy B on 06/26/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fits my needs. Very few gas stops and has excellent cargo space to other cars with similar mileage. Also has way better pickup and handles better than other cars in its class.
Cons: Sound system takes some getting used to. It is ok, not great.
Overall review: Ford did very well with this car except for the initial misstatement about fuel economy which has now been corrected. If you do a lot of driving like me you will love this car. I have owned it over a year and a half now and have about 35,000 miles and am well pleased with it. If you are looking for an SUV type of vehicle with great cargo space and good gas mileage make sure to drive this car. It is also wonderful and comfortable on long trips. I am a real estate agent and also have some rental properties and this was a great purchase.
Great Car for Big People. by MIke from Bartlesville OK on 06/12/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Surprisingly large space for driver and passenger. I'm 6'7", 360lbs, and fit more than comfortably in the driver or passenger seat, mind you only a small child would be able to sit behind me in the rear seat, but since my wife and I are empty nesters, that isn't an issue. We purchased the SEL with the 302A package and like everything about this car.
Cons: For whatever reason Ford did not include remote start in their convenience package for this car, so if you are wanting remote start, check the window sticker carefully. Remote start can be added later but to be expected, it is a bit pricier than having it already part of the package.
Overall review: Initial impressions are that this will be a long term keeper, I moved from a 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 and the savings in fuel has been impressive. Over the first 600 miles, I have filled up one time, adding about 6 gallons to a half empty tank, just because i wanted to get a drink for myself, and the car is averaging about 40.1 mpg. If I still had the Ram, I would have had to put in about 40 gallons over that same period as I was averaging 14 mpg. Since I wasn't actually using the truck as a working truck, the switch to a hybrid car was easy and has not been regretted.
C Max is A Ok by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/17/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've had the car two weeks. I am averaging between 43MPH and 50MPH. I live in FL. Car handled extremely well.
Cons: Nothing to speak about.
Overall review: The car is fun to drive, it is very roomy inside. The controls take some time, but once you get the knack it is great.