1996 Kia Sephia

1996 Kia Sephia Prices
1996 Kia Sephia Fuel Economy
Definitely a daily-driver, cheap on gas, needs seatbelts (RECALL IS REAL!!) by B~KOREA.KIA.HOMETOWN on 04/23/2008. Trim: 1996 Kia Sephia LS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: At 127,000 kms. This is a reliable daily driver. I purchased this used in South Korea and it had 6 previous owners. The engine is very responsive, 5-speed shifts smooth, and the car handles fairly well (wiggly) on bumpy sections. The car is smooth on excellent pavement (rare in Korea). Overall, I am pleased, excellent gas mileage. Roomy for a family. The engine is bullet-proof. Interior is smooth vinyl like a taxi cab, aftermarket? Compared to previous Dodge & Plymouth Neons (2003, 2000) I've owned, 100% better in the engine for sure! Comparably, don't buy used Dodge Neons...like trash on wheels!!!
Cons: Seatbelt pops open on bumpy roads, see manufacturers recall notice, it happens everyday I drive! The dashboard is curling up near the windshield. The front-impact rating reports your legs will be removed. The 1996 I have doesn't have airbags. The body design is dated, the engine and transmission belong in another vehicle (donar vehicle).
Overall review: Rough pavement this car wiggles around with 126K kms on the body/suspension. Basic to maintain and drive short distances to work/school. Comfortable and spacious interior for such fuel-economy, 1.6-1.8L 4-cylinder engine with 5-speed transmission crushes the performance of my 2000 and 2003 Plymouth & Dodge Neons. I'm worried about the seatbelts, that's a standard glitche! G.Luck!
THE ALSOME LIL 4-DOOR KIA by LAURIE FROM LAS VEGAS on 03/08/2001. Trim: 1996 Kia Sephia RS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the big trunk. I clean houses and it holds everthing nice and tight.I also like the four doors'I never had a four door and I like it. thank you
Cons: Nothing. I like all of it
Overall review: I do belive that you put out a great car. It even looks good runs good and drives good, Thank you Thank you Thank you
Good Car by David from California on 10/02/2007. Trim: 1996 Kia Sephia RS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The 1996 Kia Sephia is an overall reliable car, with minor problems. For the cost, it's a pretty good bargain, but the dealer's repair costs aren't cheap. The engine's performance is good, with nice acceleration, good braking, and good handling. As far as safety goes, it has 2 airbags standard. I was rear-ended at about 10-20 mph, with no damage. I have 123,000 miles on this vehicle.
Cons: The vehicle's IIHS report causes concern, the 40 mph front crash test shows that you will have leg damage, and structural failures. So far, in the 14 months i've owned this vehicle, I've spent about $1200 on repairs. Each time, the vehicle was serviced at the dealer. I paid $700 for a new distributor (inc. labor) and $400 for a new water pump (inc. labor), plus other minor, expected repairs for a vehicle of this age. If you do purchase this vehicle, make sure the recall for the seatbelts was taken care of, or it will pose a very real danger.
Overall review: Its reliable, has good performance for an engine of that size, gets good gas mileage (I get about 28, and I'm a lead-foot.) I would recommend the Sephia to someone that's not looking for anything fancy, under a tight budget.
"The Put More In Then You Get Out... Machine" by Angel from NC on 04/20/2005. Trim: 1996 Kia Sephia RS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle has good amount of miles to the gallon for city driving.
Cons: This vehicle is not reliable for long distance driving.
Overall review: Overall this is mainly a good car for a young person that only drives either to school and back, to work and back, and around town. Deffinitly not the car for you, if you travel alot. It's just not reliable.
Friends don't let friends drive KIA !!! by Scott from Hayward, CA on 10/11/2004. Trim: 1996 Kia Sephia GS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Nobody would steal it. If it was smashed by a truck, I would laugh not cry. It taught me to be strong and persistant, through every breakdown and dollar spent to fix the lame mule. Actually, a great deal of wisdom can be gained by owning such a piece of junk.
Cons: The resale value died a quick and painful death. The engine died twice. The breaks died once. The dashboard (of course) curled-up and died. The driver side front window rolls down and out of the guide channel. The plastic headlights turned frosted dull yellow. The CV boots cracked open. The Check Engine light is always on or flashing. And, many more smaller problems at only 60000 miles and six years of moderate driving.
Overall review: I married into KIA ownership, I would never buy one. I am thankful that I finally sold that money pit, though I still feel a little guilty about getting paid for that junk. I also feel a little bit sad that I never got to fulfill my dream of driving the car to New York, so that I could give it to David Letterman and have him push it off of the roof of his building and watch it splat on the street below.