2014 Ford C-Max Energi

I See Max Enjoyment with my C-Max by Jerry in Boulder on 02/18/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Energi SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: An extremely intelligent vehicle. Intelligent in its concept. Intelligent in the execution of that concept. And intelligent in its overall design and performance. Plus, it's an absolute delight when driving it ... great ergonomics, agility, road-feel and conveniences. I'm a converted Honda owner of over 25 years and just love this vehicle. There's totally seamless transitioning between the electric-mode and regular gas engine usage. It's still a bit bewildering knowing that I only have to gas-up about once a month!
Cons: These are nit-picks but the extra battery size does constrict the cubic storage space in the rear. Also, there's not a lot of little bins or storage spots in the cabin for loose change, pens, etc..
Overall review: Couldn't be more enthused about this vehicle. It exudes state-of-the-art technology and in averaging over 70 mpg of gasoline just leaves me feeling good about my contribution to reducing dependency on foreign oil sources. Thank you Ford ... you hit this one out of the park!
The Best Plug-In Hybrid Out There by Cmax owner on 01/07/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Energi SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is an incredible car. You get the best bang for your buck, and you have the ability to drive thousands of miles without touching a drop of gas.
Cons: No cons for this car
Overall review: This is an incredible car. You get the best bang for your buck, and you have the ability to drive thousands of miles without touching a drop of gas.
Averaging between 80-90 MPG per tank - Really !! by Robbie on 03/19/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Energi SEL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the car. We live and work in a small town. A tank of gas will last over a month and nearly 1000 miles, with the plug in Energi model. We pay $0.12 per Kw, so we can travel about 25 miles for $100 saving over $100 per month. The nice part about this car, is it is a rooming midsized vehicle and drives like one. We were able to lease one for $0 down and $250 per month for a 2013. The rebates and tax incentives brought the buyout down about $10k to a $25k decked out electric car. Once we put a pencil to it, it was a no brainer. We'll buy it out at the end of the lease. Way to go Ford, a real electric car you can drive everywhere.
Cons: It won't win a beauty contest, but not looking to impress anyone.
Overall review: Great, awesome, well done. I'll be proud to tell my grandkids I was driving an electric car back in 2014.
awesome travel by happy couple from long beach on 02/05/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Energi, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We have 2 of these vehicles that we love. Ease of parking, roomy interior, great visibility, 50 miles per gallon, ease of entering and exiting, smooth ride, never having to find my key at the bottom of my purse, so many great features like heated seats and ease of handling. This car is SO smart!
Cons: Absolutely nothing that we dislike.
Overall review: We only put gas in this car when we take a long trip. 20 miles a day gets all our errands done. We charge at night between midnight and 6 am for lowest electricity costs. We actually took another couple with us on a long trip and we were all very comfortable and climbed mountains with no problem. We fit 4 small luggage easily in back.
Test Driver
Something smells about the 10 rating by Walt 554 Seattle on 01/28/2014. Trim: 2014 Ford C-Max Energi.
Pros: No much. A regular gas car
Cons: Want to drive on battery
Overall review: How do you " you have the ability to drive thousands of miles without touching a drop of gas" when you only have a gas engine??