2014 Nissan Pathfinder

Never buying a Nissan again by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/28/2013. Trim: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: We love the sleek look of our Pathfinder and the interior is really nice. We got the highest end, Platinum with 4WD and we thought it'd be the cream of the crop but it's not!
Cons: The 2013 Pathfinder has been known to have shuddering problem and ours is no different. We found 2 service bulletins for our Pathfinder on the internet while researching possible problems with our car and then we brought it to the Nissan dealership and the guy there had no clue about them. After a lot of complaining about our $40+ thousand paperweight they changed the torque converter and it didn't help at all, in fact the shuddering is probably worse now. They also did some reprogramming which didn't help and now we're trying to do the Nissan buy back program and they are less than helpful. They never return our calls and never answer the phone.
Overall review: Overall we're very DISSATISFIED with our Nissan Pathfinder and will never purchase another Nissan again.
Great all around value for a 7 passenger crossover by Ryan S from Harrisburg, Pa on 02/06/2014. Trim: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling: Very attractive design for a 7 passenger crossover. Both the lines outside and the cockpit inside I believe to be best in class for the segment/price. Comfortable ride, nimble turning and maneuverability: While the cvt transmission feels like it robs power and acceleration (low continuous rpm settings don't help with this, but does help with mpg), the turning radius is very surprisingly tight. At cruising speed, the ride is smooth and relatively quiet. Feels and rides big, but maneuvers nice and tight. Seat configuration and storage: While not the most storage capacity of the segment, it certainly competes and is very easy to configure. 1st and 2nd row seats are very comfy.
Cons: Reliability question marks: Purchased 5 months ago, we've returned to service 4 times. To be fair, two of those trips were recall related (normal with all new vehicles, especially with first-year redesigns). The Nissan Service team has been great with us every time. Issues included passenger seat airbag sensor (recall), abs re-programming (recall), front right daytime running lamp short, parking sensor error. All were resolved quickly, but does raise eyebrows when projecting longevity. Connectivity: While there is phone/Bluetooth connectivity, that's about it. Must hard connect iPod through the console. Non-navigation 7 inch screen is not "touch" and is low res.
Overall review: Of the 7+ passenger crossovers, my wife and I narrowed our choices to the Highlander XLE, Pilot EXL and Pathfinder SL. Quality of the first 2 is renowned, but bland styling and weak towing of the Pilot (3500 lbs) ruled it out for us. Between the Highlander and Pathfinder, the value, mpg's, and curb-appeal of the Pathfinder won out. We wanted a comfortable ride for family and friends, all-wheel capability in the unpredictable winters of the Northeast, and ability to easily tow family "toys" without straining the engine. Anticipating new design glitches, we did invest in an extended warranty plan and still found value over the other 2 choices. If there is concern over a cvt transmission, know that Nissan has been producing them en masse for over 10 years. Toyota and Honda are just now getting on board. It takes a little oomph out of your acceleration (tip: flip off overdrive when you need to sustain higher rpm's), but you're rewarded at the pump. Cool feature: hidden "trunk"!
Enthusiast
Nicest car I've ever owned by Happy in LA on 10/31/2013. Trim: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder SL 4X4.
Pros: Awesome gas mileage. Beautiful styling and very comfortable inside. I have over 3500 miles and haven't exprienced a single issue. Handles like a small car
Overall review: Great family car
Best crossover on the market! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/06/2013. Trim: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent vehicle.
Cons: A little short on power.
Overall review: Highly recommend
2013 Pathfinder Platinum in the PNW review by Tex Yeti on 12/01/2013. Trim: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Researched the heck out of 2013 SUVs and was likely going to buy the Highlander but this came out just as I was making my decision. I am glad it did. I think of it as a cross between a SUV and a Minivan and in a good way. Very comfortable, handles great, smooth and quiet. Not the greatest get-up-and-go but plenty good enough and that's to be expected with the CVT. Seats are great, lots of storage and as we go skiing and get a bit of snow the 4-wheel drive will be appreciated. I got the Platinum version.
Cons: A few of the plastics such as the interior overhead lights are a bit chintzy. The gas mileage is not as good as I expected. Averaging ~20.4. Hav enot seen better than 23.8 on highway trips of about 220 miles.
Overall review: I would recommend it. The finalists for me were the Pathfinder, Highlander and Pilot as I wanted 3 rows of seating and to keep it not much more than $40k.